19 responses

1. Tom
    July 17, 2013

Do you know that I was just toying the other night with a reservation for 2014 and when I selected age of kids I put the appropriate age of my children as of July 2014; however at the final stages of the reservation, when I had to link members to my party, the Disney website did not allow me to link them since ages did not match with those they had. Therefore I had to put the ages my children currently have for a 2014 reservation. Both are over 3, so they pay entrance ticket as minors, but it was weird anyway

• Dave
      July 18, 2013

How goofy!

2. Scott
    July 16, 2013

Have you tried to set up information under the My Disney Experience on the Disney website? I am not sure they could make this any more complicated. Trying to link family and friends is a bit confusing, especially when a family member is a minor. The instructions to link MagicBands and Cards is so confusing. Perhaps at some point this will become easier to understand.

• Dave
      July 17, 2013

OMG, Scott…the amount of usability refinement “My Disney Experience” needs is terrifying…especially to me, as I’m gonna have to start writing “how-tos” for it!

3. Jessica
    July 14, 2013

I meant also. Not always. Lol. Sorry.

• Dave
      July 15, 2013

Oh, sorry!!!

4. Jessica
    July 14, 2013

It always said in the explanation of it that MyMagic, magic bands and Fastpass+ would be rolling out later this year. I guess we will see.

• Dave
      July 14, 2013

Hi Jessica–well not “always,” as back in 2012 the word on from Disney was that Fastpass+ was that it would be out in “early” 2013…

5. Jessica
    July 14, 2013

Same thing happen to me today when I was checking my MyDisney Experince site. But when I clicked on mine it said if your eligible you will be getting an email soon. But then it disappeared.

6. Dennis
    July 11, 2013

I was looking at My Reservations ( for December) yesterday and in a new section under the dining reservations showed fastpass +. It was gone later in the day and I was unable to bring anything up from that section.

• Dave
      July 12, 2013

Interesting, Dennis! Thanks for the heads up…

7. Jessica
    July 9, 2013

I am new to this site and first let me say I love it. Great details and outlay. We are visiting the parks Dec 14-Dec 22 and this whole Fastpass+ thing has me in a frenzy. I guess my main concern is do you think it will be in use and do you think I will need / have the option to precook Fastpasses or book the day before or use the old system? I know I am probably confusing someone cause I am confusing myself. I feel stuck on my plans cause I just don’t know what to expect.

• Dave
      July 10, 2013

Hiya Jessica and thanks!

I think two things: 1. Fastpass+ won’t be fully up and running then, but 2. if it is, you’ll have 60 days notice! So settle down and just keep coming back here now and then. If it’s on, I’ll be talking about it!!

8. Mike
    June 7, 2013

We’ll be there 2nd week of Nov. I’m hoping we will luck out and get simultaneous FP+ and old FP. That would really be great. Do you think they will keep the old FP system for the first several months after rolling out FP+ to all guests? Even if not, I think FP+ will really be great for those lucky enough to be able to take advantages of child swap passes as well. Fingers crossed.

• Dave
      June 9, 2013

Hey Mike! See the response I just posted above to Joe…

9. Joe Ramsey
    June 7, 2013

Dave – Can you venture a guess as to how long the existing system will be running side by side with FP+? Also, I posted a question in Jan. about the 2014 crowd calendar as it relates to Spring Break crowds. You kindly replied you would know more by Late June. Do you still believe that to be the case?
    Thanks as always for your great website, very helpful!!

• Dave
      June 9, 2013

Oh Joe, I dunno–I can’t even guess, there’s too mnay unkonms.

Having both run together will be in theory the best for everyone, but there’s not enuf capacity in the E-Ticket rides–like Space Mountain or Test Track–for this to work well. Regular FP for these will run out really fast, so it will sound better than it operates…

10. Bill McDaniel
    June 6, 2013

Sir, I will be visiting from 24 Oct till 2 Nov. I understand most of the concepts of this program (mymagic+) but not sure what wide-spread use means vs full use. What do you think the impact will be on my vacation? Love your site and use it every trip to plan our family vacations to DW. Thanks! Bill

• Dave
      June 7, 2013

Hi Bill, and thanks for the kind words about the site. I don’t mean anything different between the two phrases. And right now there’s no implication for you, becasue nothing is announced. When Disney does announce this program, I expect at least 60 days notice, and will publish extensively then!

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2022 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.

mobile desktop