By the co-author of the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook ever -- The easy Guide to Your First Walt Disney World Visit.

Now available in PDF format!

Disney World 2016 Ticket Prices

WALT DISNEY WORLD 2016 ADMISSION TICKET PRICES

theo_rev6(This page is sponsored by the Official Ticket Center. Check them out for reliably lower-priced Disney World tickets!)

Three types of Walt Disney World prices are important to think about:

• Walt Disney World theme park admission ticket prices—the tickets that grant you admission to the parks
  • Walt Disney World resort hotel prices, and
  • Park and hotel food prices

Disney World ticket prices were last updated in late February 2016. This page focuses on Walt Disney World theme park admission ticket prices from now until they go up again.

MORE DETAILS ON WALT DISNEY WORLD ADMISSION TICKET PRICES 2016: HOW THE TICKETS WORK

There are multiple types of Walt Disney World theme park tickets, but the one most relevant to most first time visitors is the Magic Your Way ticket, with or without the Park Hopper option.

You buy one theme park ticket for each person who will be three years old or older at the time of your visit (kids younger than three enter the parks for free.) The tickets have two pricing levels: one for kids who will be younger than ten at the time of your visit (but 3 or older) and the other for people ten or older.

When you buy your tickets, you also say how many “days” you want—from one to ten. Each “day” you buy permits unlimited visits to one theme park on one day. If you also add the Park Hopper option, you can make unlimited visits to any of the theme parks in one day–one theme park, two, three, or all four theme parks.

• For example, if you buy a three day ticket without the park hopper option, you could make two visits to the Magic Kingdom on day one, three visits to Epcot on day two, and two visits to the Animal Kingdom on day 3
  • If you have a three day ticket with the park hopper option, you could for example make two visits to the Magic Kingdom and one to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on day one, one visit to Epcot and two to Disney’s Animal Kingdom on day two, and one to Epcot and two to the Magic Kingdom on day three
  • What you can’t do without a park hopper ticket is visit more than one theme park on the same day. For example, you can’t, on November 25th, use one day of your three-day ticket to visit the Magic Kingdom, and another day of this same ticket to visit Epcot that same day. More than one theme park in a day requires a park hopper

You do not have to use your days all in a row boom boom boom—e.g. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Once you use your first day, you have 14 days to use all the days on your ticket. So on a three-day ticket you could visit the theme parks Monday, Thursday, and Sunday.

• You can also add days at the same price that you would have paid had you bought all those days at once, but have to do so no later than the day you use the last day of your original ticket (and within 14 days of the first day)
  • So if you buy a three-day ticket, and realize a few days later that you need more days, you can add two days and they will cost only the difference between what you paid originally for a three day ticket, and what you would have had to have paid for a five day ticket, so long as you add these days no later than the day you use your third day
  • You can also add stuff like the Park Hopper during the same day window at the same price as you would have paid when you first bought your ticket

However, you can’t “subtract” days if you overbuy.

HOW WALT DISNEY WORLD PRICES ITS THEME PARK ADMISSION TICKETS

Disney World 2016 Ticket Prices from yourfirstvisit.net1. While Disney typically increases ticket prices at least once a year–late February in 2014 through 20165—it changes theme park admission prices based on the seasons of the year only for One Day tickets, which also have other curious characteristics–different prices for the Magic Kingdom vs the other three parks, and expiration. Multi-day tickets–which most people buy–are the same price whenever you plan to visit.

2. Disney sells tickets by the day—one through ten days. The way it prices these days, the first three days are very expensive, while days after the third are comparatively almost free. See the image for exact Disney World prices.

For example, a three day ticket costs (including tax) an adult $309, or an average of $103 a day. A ten day ticket would cost the same adult $426. The added 7 days cost in total around $117 more—or just about $16.70 per day. For a 4-6 day ticket, it costs $16/day/person to add days–and on a after the 7th day, just $10.65/day/person to add days.

3. A park hopper costs (after tax) about $73.50 for all ticket lengths longer than three days..

I have also uploaded an excel spreadsheet with the same data in it as the chart, so that you can multiply by the number of members of your own family.

TIPS AND TRICKS FOR WALT DISNEY WORLD THEME PARK TICKETS

There are other ticket types than the ones discussed above—less relevant for first time visitors. For details on all of them, see this page on MouseSavers.com.

While it’s hard to find discounts on tickets, it is sometimes possible, especially for longer-stay tickets. Check sponsor the Official Ticket Center, MouseSavers.com, Triple A if you are a member, and if you have military ties, this page and also MilitaryDisneyTips.com.

Since you can add on to your tickets–days, park hoppers, etc.–but can’t subtract, it doesn’t really pay to overbuy. Start with the minimum you think you need (but at least two days) and add on later if needed.  Remember to add no later than the day you use your current last day!

All of this site’s To-Do Lists tell you exactly what ticket type you need for their associated itineraries.

FREE TICKETS ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?

Disney world no longer offers free tickets on your birthday.

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 susan nayavich { 05.08.15 at 9:02 am }

Hi, we have been to Disney several times, and always buy our tickets in advance. But looking at the gate price, that seems to be the way to go. We only want 1 day at Magic Kingdom, and 1 day at Epcot. My question is, if I buy the $102.24 tickets, are they good for admission to Magic Kingdom, or just Epcot. Is Magic Kingdom more? Also, if the $102.24 tickets are good for any park, if I add on the extra day option, for $88.40, do I have to use the extra day at the same park, or could I use it for one of the other Disney parks?
Susan

2 Dave { 05.09.15 at 8:27 am }

Susan, one day tickets have two prices, one for MK and one for any other park. Two day tickets are less expensive than two one day tickets, and permit entry each day of use to any one park–Mk or any other.

Tickets are not less expensive if you buy them the day of use. Buying them ahead of time is the thing to do, as once you have bought them and linked them, you can start booking FastPass+ 60 days ahead if you are staying at a Disney-owned resort or the Swan or Dolphin, or 30 days elsewhere.

Many of the best rides book up quickly, so getting your FastPass+ as soon as possible is important

3 Anonymous { 05.11.15 at 4:14 pm }

Thank You Dave. I appreciate the help.

4 Stephanie Sauter { 05.31.15 at 2:54 pm }

if you purchase hopper passes for the parks, do they have an expiration date?

5 Kelly B - Agent with Destinations in Florida { 05.31.15 at 10:48 pm }

Stephanie -Magic Your Way Tickets expire 14 days after their first use. The park hopper option just allows you to visit more than one theme park per day.

6 Lena { 06.01.15 at 2:36 pm }

Hey Dave!

Got any info on the rumored ticket tiering system that Disney is considering doing? The calendar year would be split into 3 tiers which would be gold, silver and bronze and each have there own price.

7 Dave { 06.01.15 at 5:41 pm }

Thanks, Kelly!!

8 Dave { 06.01.15 at 5:47 pm }

Lena, I have the same info everyone else has–that they are doing a guest survey, which happens all the time on all kinds of topics, and does not always–perhaps even often–turn into anything. That said…see this from 2011…

9 lana { 06.01.15 at 7:58 pm }

I have a question. Can I buy my tickets now and use them in February or March of 2016

10 Dave { 06.02.15 at 4:48 pm }

Lana, yes you can.

11 Daniel Zuccarelli { 06.17.15 at 11:22 am }

My wife and I recently had our child (he’s now one). We’re sort of looking at taking him in 2019 for his first trip. Can tickets be bought now and saved till then? I’d like to maybe get in before a few more rounds of price increases. Any way to do that with a trip so far out?

12 Dave { 06.18.15 at 8:41 am }

Daniel, current policies have tix good forever. There’s a good chance of profound changes to tickets between now and then–not just prices, but overall form– so buying now might be a good move!

13 Corrina { 06.25.15 at 3:55 pm }

If my extended family is going for a week, and we are only staying for a couple days, can we buy the 7 day ticket package and share. I go 1 day and someone else go the days I’m not there?
Thanks

14 Dave { 06.26.15 at 7:48 am }

Corrina, no you can’t, as the tickets are tied to individuals via finger scanners.

15 Amy { 08.19.15 at 5:59 am }

Just want to make sure I understand .. If want t go to Mickey’s Christmas Party, I must also buy a ticket to MK? So, you can’t just buy tickets to the party. Correct?

16 Dave { 08.19.15 at 7:47 pm }

Opposite day, Amy. You can attend the party with solely a party ticket. You need a MK ticket too only if you plan to arrive before 4p.

17 E. { 09.21.15 at 11:52 am }

Is it possible to go from EPCOT New Year’s Eve afternoon and take a “hopper” to the MK in mid-afternoon to meet friends who will be there? I’m concerned about the possibility of their closing MK due to crowds and not being able to take a hopper and get in.

18 Dave { 09.22.15 at 4:06 pm }

E., it’s “possible,” but not assured…

19 Cyndi L { 10.20.15 at 10:02 pm }

I am going to Disney and plan on going to Magic Kingdom, I have 2 teens and Two toddlers is that my best choice? I would also like to ask how much is a one day pass for Magic Kingdom? We will be visiting in November. Thanks!

20 Dave { 10.21.15 at 2:33 pm }

Cyndi, ticket prices are here. I don;t advise a one day trip–see this–but if you have just one day them yes, MK.

21 Vicky { 10.21.15 at 5:01 pm }

Hi Dave can you tell me how to buy tickets that will be able to go from 28th Dec for 21 days because I heard that 2015 tickets have to be used by the end of the year x

22 Dave { 10.23.15 at 8:03 am }

Vicky, I have not heard that. Unless you are coming from the UK, you can only buy tickets for lengths up to ten days, and they expire 14 days after the first day of use. If you need a longer ticket and are not coming from the UK, an annual pass is an option.

23 Wayne { 11.20.15 at 8:47 pm }

Hi Dave, I am an Australian resident and are travelling for the first time with my 11yo daughter to the US. The main purpose for our vacation is of course to take my daughter to Disney World. We will be staying at a Resort in Kissimmee for 7 days from late November. Can you suggest to me what would be the best packaged tickets I could purchase for us? & either on-line or at the venue. Also do you know if the Military rates would extend to members of the Australian Defence Force? For your info, I was’t planning on spending the whole 7 days at Disney, maybe 3 – 4, do you think that 3 – 4 days would be enough?? as I’d also like to get down to the space centre at some time while we are there. Looking forward to your reply.
Kind Regards
Wayne

24 Dave { 11.22.15 at 11:56 am }

Wayne, unless you are assigned to a joint command and have a US ID you can’t use the military rates–sorry. I recommend a minimum of 5.5 park days, and some off days as well (2 at MK, 1.5 at Epcot, 1 at each of the other two parks). Disney generally does not discount tickets, so it likely does not matter where you buy them. If you buy them from your My Disney Experience account, they will be automatically linked up for your later booking of FastPass+, whihc saves a step. See this

25 Daniel { 12.06.15 at 6:57 pm }

Hi, I am going to Orlando on January and I’d like to know what is the price difference between buying tickets in advance and buying tickets at the gate. Thanks for your help!

26 Dave { 12.08.15 at 6:37 am }

Daniel, no price difference (unless there’s a price increase between now and then, which you will avoid by buying in advance. Buying them in advance however lets you book FastPass+ sooner, which, frankly, is critical. See this.

27 Tammy Vaught { 01.01.16 at 7:45 pm }

Dave…thanks for your expertise! We are looking to go to Disney January 2017. My understanding is that ticket prices often increase around Febuary each year. Would it be advantageous for us to purchase now…a year early? Would we still be able to use them with the year change?

28 Tim { 01.03.16 at 2:48 am }

Dave, I have been looking at buying two 4-day passes (+park hopper) for a FL resident. I asked my friends and they tell me prices usually go down in the beginning of the new year. However, I always thought prices went up, and that is what you said in your article. Why are my friends under the impression that last year in January their tickets went down in price? They say every year there’s a dip in ticket prices in January. Should I just buy the tickets at the $513.34 and not risk the increase?

29 Dave { 01.03.16 at 5:20 pm }

Tammy, Disney changes ticket prices when it wishes to. The last two years have been Feb, but not the years before. If you buy tix now, you will avoid future price increases, but still be able to use them later.

30 Dave { 01.03.16 at 5:42 pm }

Tim, I don’t track FL resident passes, so can’t give you a fact-based answer, but I am dubious.

31 Ed { 01.05.16 at 5:42 pm }

If I buy tickets in advance and there is a price increase, do I have to pay the difference? This seems an obvious question which I have not seen asked.

32 Dave { 01.06.16 at 8:34 am }

No you don’t, Ed, unless you chnage something about your tickets.

33 Andrea { 03.03.16 at 8:39 pm }

Hello Dave, i am planning our first visit to Disney And i want to buy tickets in advance, were can i do it (a safe web to do it) And when i do so, what do i have to do then? Where i pick them up? Thank you, i am from Guatemala And i have so many questions

34 Sara { 03.04.16 at 1:54 pm }

So do you recommend the park hopper option?

35 Dave { 03.05.16 at 4:40 pm }

Andrea, buy them from Disney’s website. Create a My Disney Experience account and buy them from within it. You’ll be given several options, including digital download.

36 Dave { 03.05.16 at 4:54 pm }

For most first time visitors, no, Sara. On short trips the travel time to change parks takes too long, and on longer visits you don’t need it.

37 Lynne { 03.15.16 at 12:16 pm }

Hi Dave I was wondering if you could help I can’t seem to find where to purchase 1 day passes to magical kingdom. The Disney page only gives me the option of multi passes and we are only planning on 1 day for Disneyland. Also do you know the price for this year?

38 Dave { 03.16.16 at 7:41 am }

Lynne, the Magic Kingdom is in Florida and Disneyland is in California…maybe that is the issue?