By the co-author of the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook ever -- The easy Guide to Your First Walt Disney World Visit.

The 2015 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival

DISNEY WORLD’S 2015 INTERNATIONAL FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL AT EPCOT

The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival from yourfirstvisit.netEvery year from late September through mid-November, Walt Disney World presents the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival.

For 2015, the dates will be September 25th through November 16th–ending a few days later than past years.

There are two components to the festival, one available to all Epcot visitors, and another made up of a bunch of events which have limited capacity and require reservations.

Neither has an extra ticket admission cost–you get to participate by virtue of your theme park ticket–but there are cash costs for the food, wine, and for entry to some special shows and events.

ELEMENTS OF THE 2015 EPCOT INTERNATIONAL FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL OPEN TO ALL

The basic program takes place in Epcot’s World Showcase area.

Supplementing the already rich variety of dining and snacking options in the World Showcase, the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival adds dozens of stalls highlighting the foods and drinks of various regions of the world.

The food from these stalls is typically available in a snack to half-plate size. Some, but not all, can be purchased using snack credits from the Disney Dining Plan.

The 2014 Epcot International Food and Wine FestivalNote that the cash price of items available as snack under the dining plan can vary by a factor of 3–don’t use a snack credit until you know that you don’t want to use it on something more expensive.

Wine and other alcoholic beverages are also available for purchase, by the glass or equivalent. Snack credits can’t be used for these!

2015 EPCOT INTERNATIONAL FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL EVENTS WHICH MUST BE RESERVED IN ADVANCE

In addition, there’s a whole list of programs for which reservations are required.

These will range from wine tastings, to food and wine pairings, to cheese seminars.

These programs are usually announced in the summer, and the more popular sell out very quickly.

See the official Walt Disney World web page for details on the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival as they emerge here.

FIRST TIME VISITORS AND THE 2015 FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL

Returning adults often plan their entire trip around the Food and Wine Festival.

For first-time family visitors, with 8 year olds in tow, it is a good bit less relevant.

The booths and such of the festival add a bit to the pageantry of World Showcase, but in general do not increase World Showcase’s appeal to kids.

Because of this, my material on when to go to Walt Disney World ignores the dates of the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival as either a positive or a negative influence.

That said, I rank several weeks that happen to occur during this period highly.

Highly ranked 2015 weeks during the festival include the weeks beginning 10/17 , 10/24, 11/7, and the first few days of 11/14/2015.

MORE ON WALT DISNEY WORLD DINING FOR FIRST TIME FAMILY VISITORS

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Adrianne B { 03.01.15 at 11:17 am }

Does the Food & Wine Festival impact crowds at Epcot more on weekends than weekdays?

2 Dave { 03.01.15 at 3:13 pm }

Adrianne, evenings on weekdays and afternoons and evenings on weekends. It doesn’t really extend lines or waits–it just really crowds World Showcase.

3 Veronica { 04.02.15 at 12:12 pm }

Hi Dave!
I have a question you may have already answered but I can’t find where I posted it on your site!
We have to decide a date to go to Epcot Food & Wine and one day at Universal Studios/IOA (Harry Potter World). My two dates to choose from are October 22nd & October 24th. I think the real question is, between both locations which park should I visit on Saturday the 24th?
I am kind of scared to try Food & Wine on a Saturday due to crowds. Also, Universal is closing early for Horror Nights that day. I wonder if there will be less crowds during the day Sat due to Horror Nights. What would you choose to do?

4 Dave { 04.03.15 at 8:03 am }

Veronica, I don’t track Universal crowds, but if I were in your shoes, I’d do Harry Potter Saturday for exactly the reasons you note!

5 Amy { 04.27.15 at 1:40 pm }

Hi, love your site! Already has helped tremendously! We have 2 girls, age 3 and 9. We plan on staying nights of Oct 26 – Oct 31. We will be in the parks for 5 days (Tues-Sat). I think I have an ok schedule of going to MK on Tues, Wed and Fri. HS on Thurs and Epcot on Sat. Any other suggestions? Does Epcot do anything for Halloween that would make it more crowded on Sat? We could switch HS and Epcot if need be. Also, do you highly recommend the MK trick or treat and if you don’t have a ticket do you have to leave the park at 7? Thank you so much!!

6 Dave { 04.28.15 at 8:02 am }

Hi Amy! MK will be quite crowded Weds, as will Epcot on Sat–not because of Halloween, but Food and Wine. However, it will alos be quite crowded on Thursday…

My thoughts on the Halloween Party are here, and a review of the 2014 version is here. And yes, you will have to leave at 7p if you don’t have tix…

7 Laurie D { 05.02.15 at 2:56 pm }

Hello. My husband and I will be going to Food and Wine on Monday, Oct. 25th. You made mention that this was a highly ranked week. Did mean that was a good time to go or it would not be a good time. Thank you for your time.

8 Dave { 05.03.15 at 8:55 am }

Good, Laurie, good!!

9 Laurie { 05.05.15 at 7:02 pm }

hay Laurie D me and my hubby will also be there to celebrate for our anniversary. it will be our thirtieth and we are so excited as we love the food festival at Disney always something new. hope you all have a great time we always do.

10 Camille { 05.20.15 at 10:56 am }

Hi, do you recommend to plan more than a day for food and wine festival?

11 Dave { 05.21.15 at 11:39 am }

Camille, it all depends on what you want out of it. Sampling everything will take several evenings. There’s lots of demonstrations (many requiring reservations/payment). You could do it for days or skip it entirely…

Leave a Comment | Ask a Question | Note a Problem easy 15 banner

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2015 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.