By the co-author of the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook ever -- The easy Guide to Your First Walt Disney World Visit.

Now available in PDF format!—Disney World Instructions for the First-Time Visitor

FastPass+ Five Night Basic December Itinerary

This Walt Disney World itinerary is a shorter variant of the eight-night Basic December itinerary. It’s designed for the three weeks following Thanksgiving.

I don’t recommend this itinerary–it’s too busy, and requires a park-hopper add on to make it work. But it’s here from popular demand.   Almost any family will do better with a six night or longer itinerary. The six-night option, because it does not need a hopper, isn’t that much more expensive than a five night stay.

Disney World FastPass+ Five Night Basic December Itineray from

If you aren’t going one of those weeks, see Other Itineraries for alternatives the rest of the year, which are published about six months ahead.

You can enlarge the itinerary by clicking it.

As with the other itineraries on this site, there is also a detailed page for each day of your vacation, with specific instructions for that day. Find them here:

Moreover, a detailed To-Do List covers all the steps you need to undertake–including reserving dining and booking FastPass+.

Follow on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Lisa Bolejack { 07.23.14 at 8:57 am }

I have valued all the information on this site and we are making our first visit to WDW on your top recommended week with an arrival on 11/29/2014. However we can only stay 5 nights and depart om 12/4. I’ve found your 5 night itinerary for the first three weeks in December, but it starts on a Monday. How do I adapt it for a Saturday arrival? We do have MVMCP tickets on Tuesday 12/2.

2 Dave { 07.23.14 at 5:22 pm }

Hi Lisa and thanks!

Assuming you are staying at a WDW hotel (if you aren’t let me know), do what it shows for Monday on Saturday. Do what it shows for Wednesday on Sunday. Do what it shows for Thursday on Monday. Keep Tuesday as is. Move what it shows as Friday to Wednesday, but start your day an hour earlier, and do what it shows as Saturday on Thursday

3 Amber { 02.24.15 at 10:53 pm }

How would you change this 5 day itinerary for the week after thanksgiving arriving on Sunday? Also, how could we incorporate more character meals?

4 Dave { 02.25.15 at 1:21 pm }

Amber, this itinerary is tied to these exact days, so it doesn’t shift too well. Let me know the ages of your kids and I’ll give you some thoughts on an itinerary for those dates.

5 BH { 06.09.15 at 3:13 pm }

Hi Dave, my family (mom, dad, almost 3 and 7 year old at time of travel) will be arriving late afternoon Dec. 12 and departing on 4:25 flight Dec. 16. We have Park hopper 4 day tix and MVMCP tix for the 15th. Please help me plan a good itinerary for my girls. Which park to do evening of 12th or maybe no park that day but rather one the last morning before we depart since we only have 4 day tickets? Best parks each day? Best rides? Ones to skip. You are an amazing dude for all you do!

6 Dave { 06.11.15 at 7:26 am }

BH, at those ages I’d skip Epcot and do two days at MK and one each at AK and HS. So, (including Epcot),

The 13th avoid HS
The 14th avoid MK
The 15th avoid Epcot
The 16th avoid MK and AK.

Note that this shows just two good days at MK–the 13th and 15th. Since the 16th is avoid AK, do HS then, leaving the 14th for AK.

I don’t really have tight itineraries for kids that young on this site, but you can find them in Chapter 6 of my book.

Leave a Comment | Ask a Question | Note a Problem easy guide 2016

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2015 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.