By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

News on Hoop Dee Doo Closing, and on Booking Dates for Candlelight Processional and Food and Wine

NEWS ON HOOP DEE DOO, FOOD AND WINE, AND THE CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL

All-star commenter DisneyDiningAgent has recently sprinkled a lot of key information about upcoming dates and renovation schedules (e.g. here, here and here.)

To make this great new info more findable, I thought I’d bring it all to one page.

BOOKING DATES FOR THE 2012 EPCOT INTERNATIONAL FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL

For the booking the 2012 Food and Wine Festival, here’s the scoop:

“We start booking for this on 8-10-12 if you are a DVC or Tables in Wonderland member, 8-14-12 is you are a non-member.”

BOOKING DATES FOR THE 2012 CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL

Here’s the scoop on booking the 2012 Candlelight Processional Dinner Package:

“We start booking for this on 6-26-12…online at disneyworld.com at 6:00am edt and over the phone at 7:00am edt over the phone.”

MORE ON HOOP DEE DOO REVUE CLOSING

Update 6/10: see this for good news and important time changes.

Hoop Dee Doo looks closed for refurbishment this autumn, but it’s not at all certain, and no formal announcement has yet been made. Here’s the scoop as of a couple of days ago:

“The situation is that the refurb was originally scheduled for August-November but Disney backed out of that. Now we can not book for October or past….but Disney won’t say one way or the other whether or not a refurb will be going on during that time. When I speak to guests I say something like “I can’t book for Oct and past and the HDD MAY be having a refurb then, but it hasn’t been announced yet…you may want to make alternate plans.” Bottom line is that we don’t know yet what will happen, but it’s possible that a refurb will happen.”

And

“HDD CAN NOT be booked past 9-30-12. There are zero reservations booked for Oct 1st and beyond, no one can book those at the moment.”

Thanks, DisneyDiningAgent!!

1 Caitie { 06.09.12 at 9:59 am }

I just called WDW-Dine about HDDR and the agent told me there were new changed show times for Oct 1 and thereafter — 4:00, 6:15 and 8:30, but she could not book them because “dates haven’t been released yet in the system” (which I take to be Disney-speak for we don’t know what is going on.)

2 DisneyDiningAgent { 06.09.12 at 10:17 am }

I don’t know where that agent would gotten that info, Caitie…I’m looking at the calendar right now and it shows regular show times. And of course nothing still can be booked.

3 DisneyDiningAgent { 06.10.12 at 8:22 am }

Caitie, apparently that agent was right! I received this e-mail last night (my internal calendar still shows the old show times):

“We implemented a show time adjustment test for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue from Nov. 13, 2011, through Feb. 11, 2012.

Effective Oct. 1, 2012, the show times for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue are 4 p.m., 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

The reservation window for the adjusted show times opens on June 12; therefore, all reservations for Oct. 1, 2012, and after will have the updated show times for Guests.”

So, if I’m reading this correctly we MAY start booking for the new show times on 6-12-12. When I know for sure that we are taking reservations I will post here.

4 Caitie { 06.10.12 at 9:09 am }

Phew, I’m glad I am not going crazy. I re-checked my scrawl on a post-it note I wrote while I was on the phone and I did write down those times. Thanks for these updates!

5 Dave { 06.10.12 at 10:15 am }

Caitie, it’s me who was crazy! Thanks for posting about this, it resulted in a bunch of other comments and I think I now have it right!

6 DisneyDiningAgent { 06.12.12 at 7:58 am }

I can confirm that we still CAN NOT book HDD for 10-1 and past. When the availability gets loaded to book I will post. I do not know when it will be loaded.

7 Dave { 06.12.12 at 8:27 am }

Thanks for the update!

8 CMS { 06.12.12 at 1:25 pm }

Around 11:30am I was able to book Hoop Dee Doo for Thanksgiving with the new show times.

9 Dave { 06.12.12 at 5:29 pm }

Thanks for the heads up!

10 DisneyDiningAgent { 06.13.12 at 8:14 am }

That’s great! I was off by then yesterday….glad to see it got loaded.