By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

Key Details on Extension of Disney’s Armed Forces Salute are Out

Steve at MilitaryDisneyTips.com has posted key details on the extension of Disney’s Military Salute into 2012.

The details of the 2012 Military Salute are here, including blackout dates.

One key point: families can use both the 2011 program that ends in October 2011 and the program that begins in October 2011 and extends into September 2012.

So yes, you can use the Disney Military Salute program twice, once in the current program year and once in the program year of October 2011 to September 2012.

In case you are wondering, Steve’s post is based on an email exchange with Disney Military Sales, which he has copied me on (we do this for each other to make sure we have the details straight) so this is the real deal!!

1 Sharon { 08.08.11 at 12:45 pm }

we are planning a trip to Disney World on Oct 29, 2011 through Nov 6, 2011. My father was in WWII and will be coming with us. I need to know the cost of Military Disney tickets for that time. Thanks

2 Dave { 08.08.11 at 2:25 pm }
3 Dana { 08.22.11 at 4:04 pm }

I have the Disney Military Salute 2011 tickets. As of now I’m planning to go from 29 Aug – 2 Sep. There is a hurricane warning to possibly hit Florida around that time. Unfortunately this is the only time that I will be able to go before 1 Oct. Is there a way that I can use them after that date, maybe 2012?

4 Dave { 08.22.11 at 4:21 pm }

Dana–good news, yes you can!

The salute has been extended to the end of September 2012, so whatever is printed on your tix, you can still use them until then!

For more, see the FAQ on MilitaryDisneyTips.com here: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Disneys-Armed-Forces-Salute-FAQ.html#What-is-the-timeframe

5 Lisa { 04.14.12 at 11:54 am }

Hi! My husband is currently in Afghanistan and when he returns we would like to take the kids (ages 7.5 and 9.5) to Disney for the 1st time in the Fall. Both are tall and precocious! Would it be better for us save money to use the many discounts available that expire the end of September (both tickets and lodging)and risk hurricane season or go for less time but safer season in October? Thanks for any advice. I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed about now!

6 Dave { 04.14.12 at 3:21 pm }

Lisa, it depends a little on if you think you’ll be able to take them on another trip in the future.

If the answer is yes, I’d jump on the deals available that end in September. But do see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/03/11/free-disney-world-dining-and-military-families/

The hurricane risk is real but slight. If this were your only family trip ever, it’d be a bigger factor…and thanks for your family’s service…

7 Don R. Liston { 06.08.12 at 3:19 pm }

I am a 100% permanent & total combat related disabled veteren and I live in Florida; I used the special discount
in about 2007 and really enjoyed it. Is there another special family ticket (3 or 4 days maybe) out there for 100% disabled vets?

8 Dave { 06.09.12 at 8:51 am }