By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2020, the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever.

Available on Amazon here.

(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)

easyWDW Blog and Forum News

Per Micah, Josh’s family may the difficult decision to shut down the easyWDW site and forum in mid-July.

There’s much willingness to help recreate his community (see the comments), but we need a leader…

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Lauren Malicki { 08.02.22 at 2:53 pm }

I was a long time lurker (migrated over from TGM), and infrequent poster (lizzygreen) on EasyWDW . I have been so saddened, like all of you- feeling a huge loss of someone I never met. And now the forums are down – and it hurts again. If you start up something, I would love to continue to be able to access the group and advice that you all can offer. My college age kids are asking when we’re going back to Disney, and I don’t feel like I know the ‘right way’ to do it any more. We had so many wonderful trips when they were younger, thanks to the advice found here.

2 Anne { 08.06.22 at 8:22 am }

If reviving the old forum is not an option I am happy to fund/help with a new one. Although I’m not sure how viable that would be given the attrition on the original site. Many may not find a new site or be aware of this page. I miss everyone on the forums, the more civil interaction there, and the reliable knowledge of participants.

3 Dave { 08.07.22 at 6:00 pm }

Anne, my “feel” is that reviving is not an option, and that if there is to be an alternative, then what we are missing is leadership. Someone needs to take on getting it done. I cannot offer anything more than moral support (and my server, if that is helpful)…

4 MBurdge { 08.08.22 at 8:40 am }

Seems the site and forum are gone forever. =(
From Micah’s site:
Update 8/04/2022: I received some more information from Josh’s family today. They let me know that in mid-July they had made the difficult decision to take down the blog and forums.

5 BoSoxGal { 08.08.22 at 4:38 pm }

I’d also be happy to donate/pay. It doesn’t help with our need for someone to run it, of course. 🙁

6 Jen (aka BSS) { 08.08.22 at 10:30 pm }

I had been traveling and not been to the site, then I recently saw that it was down and now official word that the end is permanent. I know we all knew it was coming, but I have that knot in my throat all over again. I hope that if anything does come together, we all find a way to it. Like others, I would be happy to chip in financially, but I know nothing about starting or running a forum.

7 Addie_Cat { 08.13.22 at 7:28 am }

I made a subreddit. It’s free and easy enough to moderate/host on. I don’t mind moderating if no one has any objections? How do we get in touch with Micah?

8 DisneyMagic1106 { 08.13.22 at 7:00 pm }

I was just reintroduced to this thread
Missing everyone from EasyWDW and would love a way to interact, read, post, lurk with all of you again. I agree with what someone ales said; the EasyWDW was a rare gem where even if people argued and/or disagree about a topic, it usually didn’t end in a heated way. Things would be talked out or their perspectives explained. People tend to forget that we don’t have to agree or have the same opinions, standpoints, religion, or political stance to get along. The forum participants seemed to understand this and although they may disagree, they still respect that is the others opinions.
All that being said, I miss reading trip reports, other questions, personal anecdotes, getting advice, and maybe even contributing once in a while. While I am not able to go to WDW any time soon, I still need that “fix” that I only got from the EasyWDW forum

9 ThemeParkCommando { 08.16.22 at 2:57 pm }

Just joined the subreddit. Thanks for setting that up, Addie_Cat

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2022 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.