By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue Closed for Refurbishment October to December 2012?

DISNEY WORLD HOOP-DEE-DOO REVUE CLOSURE?

Update 6/10/2012: DiningDiva says that Hoop will begin re-booking June 12 for the October-December dates, and that new show times have been the cause of the booking delay–see comment 8 below and this

Update 6/9/2012: See the comment from Disney Dining Agent lower on the page.

Update 4/19/2012: The situation is the same as it was 4/4.

Update 4/4/2012: Allison and my other friends at Destinations in Florida Travel have spoken to half a dozen or so Disney Dining staff, and have gotten consistently the following inconsistent message:  Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue will be closed for refurbishment October 1 to December 31, 2012, but that they are still allowed by the system to book dates in this window.

This combination suggests that either the systems are behind, the closure dates aren’t firm, or both!  But the autumn closure of Hoop-Dee-Doo seems real, just the details are still not set.

HOOP-DEE-DOO BEING CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENT?

Crack commenter Colleen notes here that Disney World told her today that the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue will be closed for refurbishment from October to December 2012.

This has been rumored for a while…I’ll post more after additional confirmation and details…

1 DisneyDiningAgent { 06.06.12 at 2:31 pm }

I am indeed a Disney Dining Agent and no DD agent should be saying the words “the Hoop Dee Doo is definitely undergoing refurb starting in October.” The situation is that the refurb was originally scheduled for August-November but Disney backed out of that. Now we can not book for October or past….but Disney won’t say one way or the other whether or not a refurb will be going on during that time. When I speak to guests I say something like “I can’t book for Oct and past and the HDD MAY be having a refurb then, but it hasn’t been announced yet…you may want to make alternate plans.” Bottom line is that we don’t know yet what will happen, but it’s possible that a refurb will happen.

2 DisneyDiningAgent { 06.06.12 at 2:32 pm }

And I forgot to add…..HDD CAN NOT be booked past 9-30-12. There are zero reservations booked for Oct 1st and beyond, no one can book those at the moment.

3 Dave { 06.07.12 at 7:02 am }

Thanks!!

4 DisneyDiningAgent { 06.07.12 at 11:17 am }

You’re welcome, Dave! FYI we were told today we will start booking for the candlelight processional on 6-26-12 (you can book online at 6:00am edt and over the phone with me at 7:00am edt).

5 Dave { 06.07.12 at 5:33 pm }

Wow, that’s helpful too, and thanks!

6 DiningDiva { 06.09.12 at 4:00 pm }

Just FYI there has never been nor is there currently a refurb planned for Hoop Dee Doo. If you recall, a while back they did testing for earlier showtimes. They are merely still assessing which showtimes to use for the next round of bookings.

7 Dave { 06.09.12 at 6:00 pm }

It’ll be interesting to see what happens! Thanks for weighing in…

8 DiningDiva { 06.09.12 at 7:45 pm }

The new permanent showtimes will be 4, 6:15 and 8:30, beginning 10/1. Bookings for 10/1 and beyond will open starting on 6/12.

9 DisneyDiningAgent { 06.10.12 at 8:35 am }
10 DiningDiva { 06.10.12 at 2:55 pm }

Haha yay finally! I’ve been trying to combat these refurb rumors for a long time now… Thanks for being one of the agents to not perpetuate the rumor! 🙂

11 Dave { 06.10.12 at 3:08 pm }

DiningDiva, see also this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/06/10/hoop-dee-doo-revue-not-closing-for-rehab-fall-bookings-to-open-this-week/ Thanks for your help in getting me straight…

12 Paul { 06.20.12 at 10:39 am }

So when is the refurbishment going to happen? Never?

13 Dave { 06.20.12 at 12:40 pm }

Paul see this if you haven’t already: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/06/10/hoop-dee-doo-revue-not-closing-for-rehab-fall-bookings-to-open-this-week/ Dunno if there will be rehab, much less when, but there will not be one this fall…

14 kaleigh { 08.08.16 at 2:16 pm }

Similar to in 2012, we cannot book hoop de doo because there may be a referee. We are trying to book for late january but when we call the agent says that they cannot book anything for those dates and to just keep calling back until it opens up. Any information on this?

15 Dave { 08.09.16 at 9:49 am }

Hi Kaleigh, I can’t find any evidence of a refurb…at least, not so far…

16 Amanda { 08.15.16 at 11:49 am }

CastMember got ahold of Guest Services and told me that HDDR is replacing furniture and won’t open reservations until it’s complete. Implied it would be several weeks before they’ll load availability.

17 Dave { 08.16.16 at 9:13 am }

Thanks Amanda!

18 Dawn { 08.22.16 at 1:01 pm }

Amanda, I heard the same thing today….They are refurbing the floor, tables, and chairs.