Seven Night FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary, Saturday Arrival

Below is a seven night, Saturday arrival FastPass+ based Disney World itinerary (revised May 2014) that is a shorter variant of my recommended eight-night itinerary.

(There’s a Sunday arrival version too–if you could do either, the Sunday arrival version is better!)

This itinerary reliably works only during weeks that the normal eight night variant works without changes. To see if that’s true for your week, look your week up here. If your week is listed with changes–e.g. “swap Sunday and Tuesday” then use the comment form below to ask for help!

FastPass+ Lower Crowd 7 Night Itinerary Saturday Arrival v2 from yourfirstvisit.net

It replaces my old Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary because that no longer works optimally with FastPass+.

It has several differences from the old Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary–I’ll get more into the details another time, but here’s the key points:

• It is built on FastPass+, not legacy Fastpass, assumes just one headliner per day, and takes advantage of multiple features of FastPass+
  • It’s simplified.  There’s just one table service meal in Epcot now, rather than two, and Cirque du Soleil is out.  As wonderful as Cirque is, the cost and complexity it adds to an already rough visit just aren’t worth it. The net is a slightly easier trip, and a much less expensive one
  • It doesn’t require a park hopper, but now costs one more ticket day–which is cheaper than a hopper anyway!
  • It avoids Extra Magic Hours (EMH) entirely.  EMH are generally a bad idea, so my past itineraries have used them sparingly for specific purposes. FastPass+ lets me address the purposes for which I used EMH before, so now no parks are visited on EMH days.  This means, incidentally, that the itineraries work both for those staying on and off-site

Getting it from the recommended eight-night itinerary to seven nights required losing much of the built-in free time…

The FastPass+ that make it work are in the To-Do List, so you can book FastPass+ at the 60 day window for FastPass+ sign-ups.

The To-Do List for this itinerary is here.

And here’s the daily links:

Thanks are especially due to Josh from easyWDW. With his permission, I picked the targeted park days based on both my own practices and his daily park recommendations.

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest!!

1 Mark { 01.16.14 at 4:16 pm }

I was wondering if you could clarify the Park Hopper vs. extra day ticket. I have read contradictory information about this. If I buy a 5-day/4-night package, can I use the 5th day going to 2 parks in one day? I have read both that you can and you can’t.

2 Dave { 01.16.14 at 6:39 pm }

Mark, the other site is wrong. You need a hopper to go to more than one park in a day…

3 Mark { 01.16.14 at 9:38 pm }

Thanks, Dave. That clears it up for me. Your third arrow above made me wonder. Does that statement mean that the new itinerary adds a park day compared to the old itinerary?

4 Dave { 01.17.14 at 6:47 am }

Mark–correct. This revision adds a ticket day at about $13/person, but kills the Hopper which is about $63/person, for a net savings of $50/person

5 Tony { 01.17.14 at 8:53 am }

Hello Dave, Is this the itinerary to use for May 3-may 10?

6 Dave { 01.18.14 at 9:59 am }

Hi Tony, I designed it for the second half of August (and, I hope, the rest of eternity, as its such a PIA to have to re-do these.

However, it does work your dates as well. The thing is that I haven’t yet written the full set of FastPass+ (just the priority one) nor the daily details (like this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/basic-itinerary/alternative-itineraries/itineraries-for-the-rest-of-the-year/autumnwinterspring-itinerary-2009/tuesday-autumn-winter-spring-itinerary/ ) but plan to have those done by the end of Feb–which will be well befroe your 60 day mark for booking FP+.

7 Troy { 01.18.14 at 11:41 am }

Wow, Dave. You and Josh will make a killer team. When we went in Nov ’12, I was blending together the recommendations from both of you (eschewing touringplans.com entirely, by the way), and had spectacular success. So rock on. Now if we can just find a way to go back and use your advice… :-)

8 Dave { 01.19.14 at 8:02 am }

Thanks, Troy! I really appreciate Josh letting me use his thoughts to help shape these itineraries…

9 Michelle { 01.24.14 at 11:58 am }

This is the itinerary to use for the week of 2/1 right? what you are saying is you haven’t written out the detailed part of it? I feel like i am little lost because these changes are all happening RIGHT before i leave……

10 Dave { 01.24.14 at 2:12 pm }

No, Michelle–see the words right below the image “It replaces my old equivalent variant of the Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary for the second half of August 2014.” It will work for your dates, I just don;t have the details done–since it was meant for August.

For what I have designed for your dates, including FP+, see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2014/01/20/updated-disney-world-itineraries-incorporating-fastpass/

11 Jason { 03.23.14 at 2:26 pm }

Hi Dave – this site is fantastic. I was wondering if you have excel versions of the itineraries that we can download? I wanted to use the FastPass+Lower Crowd version as a starting point for our trip but we want to make a few modifications. It would be great to work off your sheet to start.

Thanks again!

12 Dave { 03.24.14 at 7:45 am }

Hey Jason, thanks! The main such I don’t have–like an idiot, I did a revision for different dates but saved it under the old name. But I do have an excel version of the itinerary on this page, hoping maybe that’s what you were looking for anyway… FastPass+ Itinerary 7 Night Saturday Arrival

13 Susanne { 08.08.14 at 10:04 pm }

I forgot to mention that I did purchase the park hopper. Does this change things?

Leave a Comment | Ask a Question | Note a Problem Easy Guide Banner

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2014 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.