Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (“MVMCP”) in 2017
By Dave Shute
DISNEY WORLD’S SPECIAL CHRISTMAS PARTY IN 2017
This celebration is called “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, or “MVMCP” for short.
At the party, many of the Magic Kingdom’s rides are open with really low waits, and cookies and hot chocolate, special events, a Christmas parade, special fireworks, and even snow (!) are offered.
MORE ON MICKEY’S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY
This party occurs from 7p-12MN on certain evenings at the Magic Kingdom in November and December.
The 2017 dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are as follows:
- November 2017: 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28
- December 2017: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22
You need to buy a special ticket for this party. This ticket is different from regular Walt Disney World park admission tickets.
- The special party ticket does not allow you to enjoy the rides and attractions of the Magic Kingdom before the Party starts–you need a regular ticket for that (note that you can usually enter and enjoy the rides as early as 4p–although your ticket will say 7p)
- Regular tickets used to enter the park earlier the day of a Party do not give you access to the Party–you need to have the special Party ticket
The party tickets are expensive, so why would first-time visitors be interested? A couple of potential reasons
- Evening fireworks shows are rare this time of year, so going to one of the parties is a way to guarantee you can see them
- Operating hours at the Magic Kingdom are shorter this time of year, so the Party allows you more time there within the same visit
- Walt Disney World sells only a limited number of tickets to each party, so the evening can be less crowded, particularly compared to whenever the Magic Kingdom is doing evening Extra Magic Hours that week
Many families go the first time for one of these reasons…and then going becomes a tradition!
On the other hand, families following one of the standard 8-night itineraries on this site will see the fireworks and evening parade, and have plenty of time at the Magic Kingdom. For that reason, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is not designed into this site’s pre-Thanksgiving itineraries.
It is, however, built in to this site’s Christmas-oriented Basic Itinerary, which works for the three weeks beginning the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
For details on what the party offers, suggested approaches, etc., see this!
Here’s the 2016 brochure–as always on this site, click to enlarge: