Walt Disney World Resort Distinctions: Moderates
By Dave Shute
This page highlights differences among moderate resorts. See this for features all moderates share, and differences among resort price categories.
DISTINCTIONS AMONG MODERATES
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort. Only moderate with no sit-down restaurant. With Port Orleans Riverside, only moderate with no lake. Only moderate with no quiet pool. Only moderate with no marina. Most compact of moderates. Most romantic of moderates.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. Only moderate with a spa. Only moderate with a health club. Only moderate with substantial room service. Only moderate with only one sink per room, rather than two. Only moderate that hosts conventions. $5 (pre-tax) per night more than other moderates.
Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Only moderate that can sleep 5 (only in Alligator Bayou section, with fifth on a 67″ trundle bed). No elevators in Alligator Bayou section. (Magnolia Bend section has elevators.) With Port Orleans French Quarter, only moderate not on a lake.
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. Only moderate with no elevators at all. Only moderate with no indoor bar/lounge. After recent renovations, best pool of any moderate. (See thumbnail for the baby pool’s theming.) Most kid-appealing of moderates. Onl;y moderate with full beds, rather than queens.
LINKS FOR WHERE TO STAY AT DISNEY WORLD
- For where to stay, see this
- For what you get in each resort price category, see this
- For Walt Disney World resort price seasons, see this
- For differences among value resorts, see this
- For the moderate resorts, see this
- For differences among moderate resorts, see this
- For differences among deluxe resorts, see this
- For the Disney Vacation Club (“DVC”) Resorts, see this
- For suites at the deluxe resorts, see this
- For a (geeky) overview of comparative room size, see this
- Large families should look at this, and also at
- Military/DOD families should look at this
- Tightwads should look at this
- Families seeking the most comfortable place to stay should see this