Friday: 6 Night Walt Disney World Itinerary, Sunday Arrival e21
EPCOT AGENDA e21
Today you will complete Epcot, with an afternoon break at your hotel.
As a Walt Disney World Resort guest, you can stay at Epcot until as late 11p or midnight
Pop Century guests need to complete their breakfast in their room and be at their bus stop by 7:50.
Polynesian guests need to complete breakfast in their room, walk over to TTC and be on the Epcot monorail platform by 8:10
AT THE PARK
- Be at Epcot by 8:30
- Enter the turnstiles when the park opens at 9, grab a map and Times Schedule, and follow the cast members to Soarin. Check the time of Illuminations. It’s usually 9p, but because of the recession sometimes is 8p during slow weeks.
- Ride Soarin, then walk across the park to Mission: Space. Fastpass it
- Walk to Test Track and ride
- If your Mission: Space fastpass is ready, use it (ride the “green” version of the ride; if you love it, you can ride the much more intense “orange” version later tonight); otherwise ride Ellen’s Universe of Energy
- When you have ridden both the above, cross the park again to the Seas pavilion and see Turtle Talk with Crush, and then the Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Return to The Land pavilion—where you saw Soarin—and see the other rides in this building. If you wish, fastpass Soarin for another ride, if the return time works. (You will likely be able to see it again tonight after 10p)
- If you are ready for lunch, have it now, as you will be eating lunch in this building, in the Sunshine Seasons Food Fair (counter credit) on the same level as Soarin. If not, continue with the steps below and return for lunch when you are ready
- Move on to the Imagination building, and see Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Skip Journey Into Imagination with Figment unless you have a lot of time on your hands. A lot of time…
- You have now (almost) completed what you must do in the morning and early afternoon. You can begin heading back to your hotel now–seeing Innoventions and Spaceship Earth on your way out–or go on to the World Showcase and both continue your tour of it
- If you continue in the World Showcase, go counterclockwise starting with Canada, as the gardens and flowers in Canada, England and France are at their best at daylight. As you diod earlier this week night, attend the items with defined schedules and work the unscheduled items at the pavilions around them
- Check out Innoventions and ride Spaceship Earth on your way out, and return to your hotel and goof off
AT THE PARK: EVENING
- Be back at Epcot by 5p—Pop guests need to be at their bus stop by 4:20; Polynesian guests at the Epcot monorail stop at TTC by 4:40. Bring your room keys so you can prove you are WDW resort guests.
- Finish visiting the World Showcase. Have dinner at a counter service restaurant when convenient (counter credit)
- Between 8:30 and 9 (check the schedule—if Illuminations is at 8p, then between 7:30 and 8), find a spot to watch Illuminations—given where you likely will be, the bridge near the International Gateway is as good as any
- At 8 or 9p, watch Illuminations
- If you have not already seen the American Adventure, see it now
- Stop in Boulangerie Patisserie for a snack (cash)
- Decide based on the list of what is open what rides to see again. Families often split on this.
- Return to your hotel by the means you used to get to Epcot
LINKS FOR THIS ITINERARY
- For itinerary design goals and the basic December Itinerary, see this
- For shorter and longer itineraries targeted at the same December week, see this
- For itineraries covering all the other parts of the year, see this
- To design your own itinerary, see this
- For rides that might be skipped, see this
- For a comprehensive guide to rides and attractions, see this