Category — 7. New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World
OVERVIEW: DECEMBER 2013 AT DISNEY WORLD
Early December, with lower crowds, lower prices, and wonderful Christmas decorations and events, has the best weeks of the year to visit.
Later December with Christmas and New Year’s weeks has the highest crowds and prices of the year. Park closings to additional guests are common in this period, as are 8a openings and daily morning Extra Magic Hours.
December also has a special party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, a special evening event–with its own ticket–that has become a family tradition for many.
May 19, 2013 No Comments
2013 NEW YEAR’S EVE AT DISNEY WORLD
The Animal Kingdom has no special New Year’s Eve events.
Here’s what’s known so far for the calendar for New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World:
- Epcot is scheduled to be open until 1a on New Year’s Eve; Disney’s Hollywood Studios until midnight for the general public, and 2a for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests; and the Magic Kingdom is currently scheduled to be open until midnight, but likely will be open until 2a
- The Magic Kingdom has Wishes at 8.30p and special New Year’s Eve fireworks at 11.50p
- Epcot has its Illuminations fireworks show at 6.30p and 11.40p, plus DJs in various pavilions.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will likely have fireworks at midnight (as I write this, they aren’t on the calendar…yet), and several sets over the evening from “Mulch, Sweat and Shears,” a live band
- Note that alcohol is not available at the Magic Kingdom, but is available at Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The Magic Kingdom will have the same fireworks at the same times on 12/30. This date will likely be a little less crowded than 12/31.
DISNEY WORLD PARK CLOSURES ON NEW YEAR’S EVE
May 16, 2013 5 Comments
OVERVIEW: CHRISTMAS 2013 AT DISNEY WORLD
Decorations, special Christmas shows, programs, and events, and Christmas trees are everywhere, making Disney World as special a place to celebrate the holidays as you can find.
May 15, 2013 2 Comments
PEAK 2012 CROWDS WILL BEGIN DECEMBER 22, UNLESS THE WORLD COMES TO AN END
In later December–beginning around December 20, but really rolling in on December 22–the 2012 holiday crowds will begin to slam Walt Disney World.
Unless of course the world comes to an end on December 21.
Multi-hour waits will be common on the best-loved rides (waits crossed 3 hours at times last year), senior managers will be bussing tables, and park closures are possible.
But for the hundreds of thousands of you who will be there then, here’s some thoughts on how to make the best of it!
DEALING WITH THE HOLIDAY CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD [Read more →]
December 4, 2012 No Comments
OVERVIEW: JANUARY 2013 AT DISNEY WORLD
July 22, 2012 9 Comments
Disney World usually sees its highest crowds and prices of the year in the later third of December and the beginning of January, in the week that includes Christmas, and the next week that includes New Year’s Eve.
This is for a pretty basic reason: kids are out of school these weeks.
However, not every school district has the same break schedule.
In 2012/2013, many more kids are out Christmas week than New Year’s week, but there’s enough on break New Year’s week to still crowd the parks…
SCHOOL BREAKS AND DISNEY WORLD CROWDS
July 17, 2012 10 Comments