Category — n. Approaching Dates at Disney World
DISNEY WORLD’S SPECIAL CHRISTMAS PARTY IN 2017
This celebration is called “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, or “MVMCP” for short.
At the party, many of the Magic Kingdom’s rides are open with really low waits, and cookies and hot chocolate, special events, a Christmas parade, special fireworks, and even snow (!) are offered.
MORE ON MICKEY’S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY
This party occurs from 7p-12MN on certain evenings at the Magic Kingdom in November and December.
The 2017 dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are as follows:
- November 2017: 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28
- December 2017: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22
You need to buy a special ticket for this party. This ticket is different from regular Walt Disney World park admission tickets.
- The special party ticket does not allow you to enjoy the rides and attractions of the Magic Kingdom before the Party starts–you need a regular ticket for that (note that you can usually enter and enjoy the rides as early as 4p–although your ticket will say 7p)
- Regular tickets used to enter the park earlier the day of a Party do not give you access to the Party–you need to have the special Party ticket
The party tickets are expensive, so why would first-time visitors be interested? A couple of potential reasons
- Evening fireworks shows are rare this time of year, so going to one of the parties is a way to guarantee you can see them
- Operating hours at the Magic Kingdom are shorter this time of year, so the Party allows you more time there within the same visit
- Walt Disney World sells only a limited number of tickets to each party, so the evening can be less crowded, particularly compared to whenever the Magic Kingdom is doing evening Extra Magic Hours that week
Many families go the first time for one of these reasons…and then going becomes a tradition!
On the other hand, families following one of the standard 8-night itineraries on this site will see the fireworks and evening parade, and have plenty of time at the Magic Kingdom. For that reason, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is not designed into this site’s pre-Thanksgiving itineraries.
It is, however, built in to this site’s Christmas-oriented Basic Itinerary, which works for the three weeks beginning the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
For details on what the party offers, suggested approaches, etc., see this!
Here’s the 2016 brochure–as always on this site, click to enlarge:
April 7, 2017 2 Comments
OVERVIEW: OCTOBER 2017 AT DISNEY WORLD
Later October has some of the best times of the year to visit Disney World, with nice weather, low crowds, low prices, and fun special events.
The first half of the month is not so good, as
- The first week is still in the peak of the hurricane season
- Both the first and second week see extra crowds from fall breaks, and
- The second week sees higher prices from Columbus Day.
March 25, 2017 11 Comments
OVERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 2017 AT DISNEY WORLD
September combines low crowds with low prices, and typically also has OK room rates and free dining deals as well.
This makes it a great month for returning visitors.
But it has lousy weather, combining continuing summer heat and humidity with the peak of the hurricane season, making me not so keen on the month for first time visitors who may never return.
February 15, 2017 8 Comments
DISNEY WORLD’S 2017 INTERNATIONAL FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL AT EPCOT
In 2017, the Festival will run from August 31st through November 13th.
There are two components to the festival, one available to all Epcot visitors, and another made up of a bunch of events which have limited capacity and require reservations.
Neither has an extra ticket admission cost–you get to participate by virtue of your theme park ticket–but there are cash costs for the food, beer and wine, and for entry to some special shows and events. [Read more →]
February 14, 2017 No Comments
DISNEY WORLD’S SPECIAL HALLOWEEN PARTY
This celebration is called “Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party,” or “MNSSHP” for short.
At the party, many of the Magic Kingdom’s rides are open, and trick or treating, special events, and different parades and fireworks are offered.
The official Disney World page for this event can be found here.
Click the images below for the 2016 offerings.
And you can find a review of the 2016 MNSSHP party here.
MORE ON MICKEY’S NOT-SO-SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY IN 2017
February 13, 2017 12 Comments
OVERVIEW: AUGUST 2017 AT DISNEY WORLD
There are no great times for first-timers who may never return to visit in August. Kids start going back to school in August, so crowds go down later in the month–but that’s also when the peak of the hurricane season kicks off.
Prices begin the month low at the deluxes and stay low all month long. Prices begin the month OK at the moderates, and high at the values. Values prices drop to moderate levels on 8/13, and on 8/25 prices drop to among the lowest of the year at both the values and the moderates.
For first-timers who can’t return, the best week is that beginning 8/5–higher crowds and prices than later in the month, but lower hurricane risk. For those who can return, then later in the month is best.
January 18, 2017 No Comments