Updated Version of The easy Guide 2017!
By Dave Shute
Josh and I published earlier this week an updated version of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, the latest edition of the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series, ever.
We had kinda hoped that this update would also include a review of Rivers of Light, but that’s still not out…so the next update will cover it.
But even so, with this update The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit remains the most accurate, most up-to-date, and most usable guidebook to Walt Disney World that you can find!! Buy it now, or if you bought it already, get your email to us so we can send you the updated version (as a PDF)!
(Note that I expect to start sending out the updated PDF to those who have already signed up for the updates later this week).
Here’s some details of the changes we just published:
- Title, Introduction and Chapter 1 (“How to Use This Book”): minor changes—mostly typos and infelicities. At our August publication date, we dropped the word “First” from the title for the 2017 edition, added content more helpful to returning visitors, and added a free PDF update model. There’s more on these points here and here.
- Chapters 2 and 3 (“Why Age and Height Matter” and “How Long to Stay”): just minor changes to reflect ride closures since August.
- Chapter 4, “When to Go”: one of four core chapters of the book, this one also saw just minor changes that add more precision to reflect additional info that’s come out since early August. The basic changes for 2017 are covered here.
- Chapter 5, “Where to Stay”: another core chapter saw some updates to reflect resort refurb facts and rumors that have come out since August. We also cleaned up one minor floor plan error and one price error. The details of the 2017 changes are here.
- Chapter 6, “How to Spend Your Time”: the heart of the book, with theme park overviews, itineraries, ride reviews, and touring plans. This section saw the most updates, as there’s new attractions, closed attractions, and a result lots of new and updated material. Josh, who writes 99% of this chapter, also fully updated the touring plans, which may be the most valuable part of the book. The scoop on 2017 changes to this chapter is here.
- Chapter 7, “Where to Eat”: the astonishing transformation of Disney World dining continues, and here in this core chapter we update both the latest good news (e.g. Flying Fish) and bad news (Liberty Tree Tavern). The overview of 2017 changes to where to eat is here.
- Chapter 8 and 9 (“Which Tickets to Buy and How Much to Budget” and “How to Get Everything Done”) saw minor changes—e.g. a new four day, four park ticket model, and the renewal of the Armed Forces Salute.
As I noted, we had kinda hoped that this update would also include a review of Rivers of Light, and in fact timed this update, we thought, to include it.
But Rivers of Light is still not operating…so the next update will cover it. Even so, The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit remains the most accurate, most up-to-date, and most usable guidebook to Walt Disney World that you can find!
The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit … don’t plan a Disney World trip without it!