Epcot Day 2 and Magic Kingdom Day 1 Disney World 2016 FastPass+ Basic December Itinerary
By Dave Shute
EPCOT DAY 2 AND MAGIC KINGDOM DAY 1: TUESDAY AGENDA
Today you have the early morning off, and then in the late morning continue your visit to Epcot.
In the late afternoon, you switch to the Magic Kingdom, using your Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets to enter as early as 4p (your tickets will say 7p, but Disney has let party-goers enter at 4p for years).
You should have FastPass+ for Frozen Ever After, Spaceship Earth and MISSION: Space.
You should have lunch scheduled with the princesses at Akershus at noon.
- Sleep in and eat breakfast in your room
- Arrive at Epcot by 11.45a
At Epcot today your goal is to see a few rides in World Showcase and the east side of Future World, plus a Holiday Storyteller or two if you’d like.
- Enter the park, grab a times guide, and check for Holiday Storytellers on the east side of World Showcase you might want to see early this afternoon.
- Have lunch at Akershus
- Ride Frozen Ever After using FastPass+
- See a storyteller or two
- Ride MISSION: Space using FastPass+ (those with the least tiny bit of motion sickness should ride the “Green” side)
- Ride Ellen’s Energy Adventure
- Ride Spaceship Earth using FastPass+
- Exit the park, and take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom
AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM
In the earlier part of today’s Magic Kingdom visit, you’ll be seeing some lower-wait attractions. When the party starts, you’ll be seeing rides in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland until the fireworks, then watch the special Christmas fireworks and the second showing of the special Christmas parade. Exact times are not out yet, so this agenda may be modified a bit in early November.
- Arrive at Magic Kingdom, go to the special event turnstiles and get your party bracelet. Get both a regular Times Guide and a party map. Check the regular Times Guide for the Muppets show
- Head back into Frontierland and get a raft to Tom Sawyer Island. Play and explore.
- Take a raft back, walk to Liberty Square and ride the Liberty Belle Steamboat
- See the Hall of Presidents (which will have a show on just a few minutes after the Liberty Belle unloads)
- Fit in dinner at a counter service (Columbia Harbor House is nearby and recommended) and the Muppets show (if the show is inconvenient, or you spent a lot of time on Tom Sawyer Island, put the Muppets off until later in the week.)
- A little before 7p, head to Tomorrowland.
- See the Carousel of Progress
- See Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- See Space Mountain
- See Astro Orbiter
- Walk to Fantasyland
- See Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Ride Winnie the Pooh
- Make your way to a spot between the Castle and the entrance to Main Street by half an hour before the fireworks begin
- See Celebrate the Magic and the fireworks
- Stay in the same spot and watch the Christmas Parade
- Head to Adventureland and see the Jungle Cruise
- If you still have the energy, see any special shows that have another performance, or re-ride one of your favorites from this evening
- Head back to your hotel
PREVIEW OF TOMORROW
Tomorrow you have the morning off, then complete your visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.