Magic Kingdom Day 1 Disney World FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
By Dave Shute
MAGIC KINGDOM DAY 1: TUESDAY AGENDA
Today you have the early morning off, have brunch at Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary Resort near the Magic Kingdom, and then begin your visit to the Magic Kingdom, seeing Tomorrowland and then touring some lower-wait attractions in Adventureland and Frontierland. You will then end your day at Fort Wilderness’s Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue.
You should have FastPass+ for Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and the Jungle Cruise. The other fixed points in your schedule are Chef Mickey’s and Hoop-Dee-Doo.
Today may be a little over-crowded, but anything you miss you can pick up on Second Saturday.
Be at the Contemporary Resort in time for your meal at Chef Mickey’s. For most, this will mean a bus to the Magic Kingdom, then walking or taking the resort monorail to the Contemporary. Check at your resort front desk for the best route.
- After your meal, walk or take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom
- See Space Mountain (FP+)
- Fit around your Buzz Lightyear FastPass+ lower wait rides in Tomorrowland–the Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Stitch’s Great Escape, and the Tomorrowland PeopleMover.
- Around the time of the 3p afternoon parade, check waits at Astro Orbiter and the Tomorrowland Speedway. If the lines look OK, and the rides seem fun, see them
- Go to Adventureland and fit the Swiss Family Treehouse and the Enchanted Tiki Room around your FastPass+ for the Jungle Cruise
- Once off the Jungle Cruise, if you skipped Astro Orbiter and the Tomorrowland Speedway because of waits, try now for a fourth FastPass+
- Find the passage into Frontierland and see the Country Bears
- If you have time, find the rafts near Big Thunder Mountain and see Tom Sawyer Island
- Around 5p, head for the main entrance and look for the boat docks right in front
- Take the boat to Fort Wilderness (not the Wilderness Lodge), and follow the crowds to the Hoop Dee Doo area, and check in for the 6.15p show.
- See Hoop-Dee-Doo!
- Ask outside for the best way to get back to your hotel. Most likely you will return by boat to the Magic Kingdom, and catch a bus or monorail there. But special buses may be running…
PREVIEW OF TOMORROW
Tomorrow you have the morning off, then complete your visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.