Animal Kingdom Day 1 Disney World FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
By Dave Shute
ANIMAL KINGDOM DAY 1: FIRST SUNDAY AGENDA
Today you have the morning off and then begin your visit to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, which you will complete next Sunday morning. You have no scheduled meals today.
You should have FastPass+ for Rivers of Light (if open during your visit), Expedition Everest, and Dinosaur. If Rivers of Light is not open, your third FastPass+ should be for Kali River Rapids.
- Sleep in and eat breakfast in your room
- If you are seeing Kali River Rapids rather than Rivers of Light, bring spare clothes as you will get soaked
- Arrive at Animal Kingdom around noon
AT THE PARK
- Today your goal is to see Discovery Island, most of Asia, DinoLand, the special night-time shows, and Rivers of Light if it is open–you’ll be returning next Sunday morning to see Africa in daylight, and other areas you missed
- Enter the park, grab a times guide, and compare the times of Flights of Wonder and Finding Nemo: the Musical to your FastPass + schedule, figuring out when to see these
- Head to Discovery Island to see It’s Tough to Be a Bug
- Eat lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue
- Head to DinoLand and use your Dinosaur FastPass+. The other rides here aren’t worth much of a wait except for Finding Nemo. Ride them if they look like fun and the lines are short
- Fit Finding Nemo in around your FastPass+ for Expedition Everest, seeing also the Maharajah Jungle Trail and the show Flights of Wonder (Nemo is close to Expedition Everest)
- Have dinner at the counter service near Yak and Yeti
- If you have the time and energy, and there’s another show available, see Festival of the Lion King in Africa. This will simplify your Sunday morning
- See Kali River Rapids
- See the sunset version of Kilimanjaro Safaris
- See Tree of Life Awakenings
- See Rivers of Light if open by your trip
- Note that you have one or two available FastPass+ for next Sunday morning. When you have finished today, re-book favorites for then
PREVIEW OF TOMORROW
Tomorrow you have the early morning off, then begin your visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.