September 2015 at Walt Disney World
By Dave Shute
OVERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 2015 AT DISNEY WORLD
September combines low crowds with low prices, and typically also has a great room rate and free dining deals as well.
This makes it a great month for returning visitors.
But it has lousy weather, combining continuing summer heat and humidity with the peak of the hurricane season, making me not so keen on the month for first time visitors who may never return.
SEPTEMBER 2015 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
September is one of the least crowded months of the year.
On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 8/29 has a crowd rating of 3/low, the week beginning 9/5 2/lower, the weeks beginning 9/12 and 9/19 1/lowest, and the week beginning 9/26 4/low-plus.
SEPTEMBER 2015 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
September 2015 prices begin among the lowest of the year. On September 11 they go up to 10% higher than the lowest of the year at the values and 8% higher at the moderates. On September 25, deluxe prices go to 12% higher than the lowest of the year.
See this for more on 2015 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.
SEPTEMBER 2015 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Deals are available for September 2015. Details are here.
SEPTEMBER 2015 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
September weather is hot and humid, with afternoon storms common.
The hurricane season officially begins June 1, but hurricanes a rarely a threat until mid-August. The peak of the hurricane season begins then. Hurricanes rarely have an impact on a Disney World vacation, but mid-August begins the period when such an impact is most likely. All of September is in this period.
Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures.
SEPTEMBER 2015 SPECIAL EVENTS
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party kicks off September 15.
The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival begins September 25.
SEPTEMBER 2015 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.
The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance.
These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:
WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2015 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE
The week rankings that follow below are from 2015 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.
Click the image for a calendar view of 2015 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)
- 8/29/2015 Low prices. Low crowds. Crowd ranking=3. Week ranking=23. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
- 9/5/2015 Low prices. Lower crowds. Crowd ranking=2. Week ranking=22. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary, but do what is written for the evening of Second Saturday on Wednesday the 9th
- 9/12/2015 Low prices in values and deluxes, moderate pries in moderates. Lowest crowds. Crowd ranking=1. Week ranking=21. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
- 9/19/2015 Low prices in values and deluxes, moderate prices in moderates. Lowest crowds. Crowd ranking=1. Week ranking=20. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
- 9/26/2015 Low prices at values, moderate prices at deluxes and moderates. Low-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=4. Week ranking=25. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary for planning, but double-check in mid-March
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this
Want a second opinion? Then check out my book lol.