August 2015 at Walt Disney World
By Dave Shute
OVERVIEW: AUGUST 2015 AT DISNEY WORLD
There are no great times to visit in August. Kids start going back to school in August, so crowds go down later in the month–but that’s also when the peak of the hurricane season kicks off.
Prices begin the month low at the deluxes, OK at the moderates, and high at the values. Moderate and value prices drop to among the lowest of the year August 16
For first-timers who can’t return, the best week is that beginning 8/8–higher crowds and prices than later in the month, but lower hurricane risk.
For those who can return–or are returning–the later in the month, the better.
AUGUST 2015 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
As more and more kids go back to school, crowds moderate over the course of the month.
On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 7/25 has a crowd rating of 9/high, the week beginning 8/1 8 high-minus, the week beginning 8/8 7/moderate-plus, the week beginning 8/15 6/moderate, and the week beginning 8/22 4/low-plus.
AUGUST 2015 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
August 2015 prices begin 50% higher than the lowest of the year at the values, 15% higher than the lowest of the year at the moderates, and near the lowest of the year at the deluxes. They stay at this level until August 16, when prices at the values and moderates join the deluxe sin being among the lowest of the year.
See this for more on 2015 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.
AUGUST 2015 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Deals are available for August 2015. See this for more.
AUGUST 2015 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
August weather is hot and humid, with afternoon storms common.
The hurricane season officially begins June 1, but hurricanes a rarely a threat until mid-August. The peak of the hurricane season begins then. Hurricanes rarely have an impact on a Disney World vacation, but mid-August begins the period when such an impact is most likely.
Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures.
AUGUST 2015 SPECIAL EVENTS
There are no special events at Disney World in August
AUGUST 2015 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.
The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance.
These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:
WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR AUGUST 2015 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE
The week rankings that follow below are from 2015 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.
Click the image for a calendar view of 2015 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)
- 7/25/2015 Moderate to higher prices at values and moderates. Lowest prices at deluxes. High crowds. Crowd ranking=9. Week ranking=31. Use the FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary
- 8/1/2015 Moderate to higher prices. High-minus crowds. Crowd ranking=8. Week ranking=28. Use the FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary
- 8/8/2015 Moderate to higher prices. Moderate-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=7. Week ranking=18. Use the FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary
- 8/15/2015 Low prices. Moderate crowds. Crowd ranking=6. Week ranking=27. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
- 8/22/2015 Low prices. Low-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=4. Week ranking=24. Use the FastPass+ Lower Crowd Itinerary
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this
Want a second opinion? Then check out my book lol.