June 2015 at Walt Disney World
By Dave Shute
OVERVIEW: JUNE 2015 AT DISNEY WORLD
If you must go to Disney World in the summer, the beginning of June is your best choice for a first visit.
Crowds, while not good, are lower then than most of the rest of the summer, prices are OK–except at the value resorts–and the full weight of summer weather is not yet in place.
(The end of August is the next best choice. Prices and crowds are much better, but you are not only in peak summer then, but also the peak of the hurricane season.)
Crowds build over June, peaking the week that includes the 4th of July (a Saturday in 2015, so the most crowded June week is that beginning June 27).
Moreover, Star Wars Weekends look to continue through June 14 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, leading to massive crowds there on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through the 14th.
JUNE 2015 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
June crowds begin at the moderate-plus level, but as more and more kids get out of school, they quickly build to high levels, and peak at the end of the month, because of crowds drawn by the 4th of July holiday.
On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 5/30 has a crowd rating of 7/moderate plus, the week beginning 6/6 8/high-minus, the next two weeks 9/high, and the week beginning 6/27 a crowd ranking of 10/higher.
JUNE 2015 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
June 2015 prices begin 50% higher than the lowest of the year at the values, 15% higher than the lowest of the year at the moderates, and 12% higher at the deluxes. They stay at this level throughout the month
See this for more on 2015 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.
JUNE 2015 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Deals are available for June 2015. See this for more.
JUNE 2015 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
June weather is hot and humid, with afternoon storms common. It is not as bad as July and August, but nearly so.
The hurricane season officially begins June 1, but hurricanes a rarely a threat until mid-August..
Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures.
JUNE 2015 SPECIAL EVENTS
Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will continue through the weekend of June 13, 2015, and crowd that park Fridays-Sundays.
JUNE 2015 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.
The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance.
These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:
WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR JUNE 2015 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE
The week rankings that follow below are from 2015 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.
Click the image for a calendar view of 2015 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)
- 5/30/2015 Moderate to higher prices. Moderate-plus crowds. Crowd ranking=7. Week ranking=19. Use the FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary
- 6/6/2015 Moderate to higher prices. High-minus crowds. Crowd ranking=8. Week ranking=29. Use the FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary
- 6/13/2015 Moderate to higher prices. High crowds. Crowd ranking=9. Week ranking=35. Use the FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary
- 6/20/2015 Moderate to higher prices. High crowds. Crowd ranking=9. Week ranking=34. Use the FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary
- 6/27/2015 Moderate to higher prices. Higher crowds. Crowd ranking=10. Week ranking=39. Use the FastPass+ High Crowd Itinerary
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this
Want a second opinion? Then check out my book lol.