Updated Disney World Itineraries Incorporating FastPass+
By Dave Shute
With the parks tearing out their old “legacy” Fastpass machines and converting entirely to FastPass+ by January 23…well, I’ve had to adapt and change my Disney World itineraries!
I’ve now got you covered until the end of August—and likely, I think, through Thanksgiving week, though I won’t know that for sure until the September, October, etc. calendars come out.
But just as in the rest of the year, there’s always the possibility that in a given week you’ll need to swap things around in response to operating pattern changes that week.
My basic approach has been to keep park days the same for dates up to 180 days ahead (as of the time I started publishing these new itineraries, in November), so that dining recommendations remain valid, but take this opportunity to completely re-do itineraries for dates that were beyond 180 days. Since I started this in November, that means all-new itineraries beginning for arrival dates May 31, 2014 and later.
So here’s the details—but double check here for suggested or required changes
- Most arrival dates between now and the week before the week before Easter: Supplement the Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary with this
- The two weeks before and after Easter: Supplement the Summer Itinerary (not a typo!) with this
- The weeks from the week after the week after Easter through Memorial Day Week: Supplement the Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary with this
- The weeks from May 31 through mid-August: Use the new FastPass+ Itinerary for High Crowd Weeks
- The second half of August: use the new FastPass+ Itinerary for Lower-Crowd Weeks
As Disney’s operating calendar continues to roll forward every month (it publishes about six and a half months ahead), you’ll be able to find recommended itineraries for the upcoming months after August here.
There’s also multiple seven night variants (all the above are the recommended eight nights)—these are all either supplemented or newly created too:
- Autumn-Winter-Spring Seven Night Variant, Saturday AND Sunday Arrivals —supplement with this.
- Seven Night FastPass+ Itinerary for High Crowd Weeks
- Seven Night FastPass+ Itinerary for Lower-Crowd Weeks, Saturday Arrival
- Seven Night FastPass+ Itinerary for Lower-Crowd Weeks, Sunday Arrival
I still need to do the “daily details” and finalize the To-Do Lists for the brand-new itineraries—these will come out well before the 60 day FastPass+ mark for them. Sixty days before the earliest new itinerary arrival date is early April—I’ll be done with these daily details by then, and likely by the end of February.