Why You Can’t Get Be Our Guest Reservations, Even at 180 Days…

GETTING A RESERVATION AT BE OUR GUEST

Among this site’s more than 4 million visitors are a lot of Disney insiders, who sometimes send helpful notes about various items.

One of the best is DisneyDiningAgent, who posted an important comment yesterday covering a lot of topics.

One of his (or her!) topics was why it’s so hard to get a table service reservation at Be Our Guest.

BE OUR GUEST IS BOOKING UP AS FAR OUT AS 190 DAYS OUT

Cupcakes and Cream Puffs at Be Our Guest Restaurant at the Magic KingdomDining reservations at Disney World open at 180 days out, except for Walt Disney World resort hotel guests.  For these guests, bookings open at 180 days, but the window for booking extends from their arrival date through the next ten days.

This means they can book Be Our Guest up to 190 days out. And, according to DisneyDiningAgent, they are.

Now obviously not everyone is staying for ten days.

But what happens is that the people staying 5 days book it 185 days out, those staying 6, 186 days out, etc.  So when people call 180 days ahead and try to book Be Our Guest for the date 180 days in advance, the capacity 180 days out is often gone, so, if they are a WDW resort hotel guest, they then book it for later in their visit…and then people calling the next day have the same problem, and respond the same way.

There’s no great answer to this.

If you really want to do dinner at Be Our Guest (right now, until Fastpass+ emerges, the only reservable meal), your odds will be best if you stay at a Disney resort, aim to do Be Our Guest on the last day of your visit, and be on-line at 6a eastern the first day you can book.  If the on-line system isn’t working (all too common–more on that later), then start dialing the phone just before 7a.

What’s your Be Our Guest story?  Were you able to book 180 days out, or, if you stayed in a WDW resort, did you pick–or get stuck with–a date later in the reservations window?

1 Heather { 07.09.13 at 8:36 am }

We are staying 10 days, we booked Be Our Guest for our last night at 6 pm (Actually it let my husband book at 5:55 am) 180 days from the start of our trip. I can’t believe we got a table for dinner! We did the very thing you suggested and we got a reservation! We’re hoping to try the quick serve while we are there.

Heather

2 Kim { 07.09.13 at 8:51 am }

We took advantage of the extended window for resort guests to book dinner twice at BOG for our trip in December, including dinner on Christmas Day! We’ve eaten there several times, and staying on property and booking more than 180 days out is the only way we can get reservations.

3 Marti { 07.09.13 at 9:31 am }

I just kept trying, and ended up with a reservation a month out. Lots of people cancel, and reservations open up! Unfortunately, I was rather ill when I went, and didn’t enjoy it as much as I could have. I will try again next visit! :o)

4 Marcia { 07.09.13 at 9:38 am }

For our trip this past April, i gave this reservation priority and booked at 183 days out. Since the website wasn’t working for me, i was on the phone at 7 sharp.

5 Tia { 07.09.13 at 9:46 am }

My understanding of the 180+10 has always been that SOME of the seatings at eat location are available during the +10 time frame. At 180 days everything becomes available. This way it IS fair to those who are staying off site or are locals. I could be incorrect, or things could have changed, but I really think this is the case.

6 Kelly { 07.09.13 at 9:49 am }

We got a table for dinner on our last night there (12/5). I wasn’t even planning on doing it, but when I was done with my other ADRs I figured I’d give it a shot. I was shocked when a table for 3 popped up for 6:10 pm, so I scooped it up. Now my daughter won’t stop talking about how she’s going to have dinner in two castles on our trip

7 Susan { 07.09.13 at 10:02 am }

On 6 am exactly of our 180th day before arrival for our October, 2013 Disney trip, I got online and tried to make our dining reservations using the online reservation system. No luck at all. I ended up calling and spoke to an agent at 7 am. My goal was to book Be Our Guest sometime during our 8 day stay. That reservation would determine our schedule for the week. There were only 2 reservations available during our week, one at 8:30 pm on Wednesday and the other on Friday at 4 pm, the day before our departure. I accepted the Friday time because 8:30 would be too late for the little ones. We were able to secure all the other reservations we wanted for our week. Last weekend, the 4th of July holiday, we made a last minute trip to DisneyWorld. I was able to get reservations for dinners with no problem using the online system. While waiting to speak to the hostess at the Inn de San Angel I overheard a conversation between the woman in front of me and the hostess. This was on the 4th. The woman was trying to get a last minute reservation and during her plea to the hostess said that the day before they were able to get a table at Be Our Guest as walk ins. That surprised me. I wonder how many other people have been able to do that.

8 Sharmon Brannen { 07.09.13 at 10:45 am }

I really wish that lunch was by reservation. I am hoping to be able to have lunch here when we go in December. I did not want a dinner reservation but would like to be able to see the inside and have a dining experience here. Having said that, I know we will not stand in line for more than an hour to eat. Hopefully I won’t have to pass up a meal there! Other than going at off times, such as before 12 and after 2, do you have any suggestions?

9 Lisa { 07.09.13 at 12:04 pm }

I’ve been trying to get an ADR for Be Our Guest for the past few months for a trip at the end of this July, with no luck. I randomly decided to check on the site this morning, and a ton of reservations popped up! Perhaps Disney held some reservations, and is now just releasing them a few weeks out? I’m not sure exactly what their method is, but if you can not get a reservations months in advance, try checking a few weeks before your vacation. I am thrilled!

10 Kuleen@ TheDisneyKids.com { 07.09.13 at 12:44 pm }

We ate at Be Our Guest during our trip over New Years 2013. We booked our ADR on the first day they opened up reservations for Be Our Guest. We spent 3 hours on the phone/computer trying to get through and get our reservation confirmed. My parents are DVC members and ended up calling through the DVC phone number. They got our reservation right away.

11 Vickie { 07.09.13 at 2:40 pm }

I was up and booking my dining at 5:00 am and was able to book Be Our Guest for New Years Eve. It was the first one I tried for and was given 3 different time slots for the 7:00 pm dining time. I was so happy!!!!!!

12 Dave { 07.09.13 at 2:43 pm }

Last April we got a reservation for Be Our Guest for 6pm. I booked online 180days out from the trip and didn’t seem to have a problem getting in. Tomorrow I will be researching our 2014 vacation and I will sure keep this in mind when planning.

13 Sandra { 07.09.13 at 2:47 pm }

We booked a 6 night stay at WDW over Christmas and ON the 180 day mark our Disney Vacation Expert was able to get every single one of our reservations, including BOG for our last full day there AT the time we wanted it! I was shocked. I had tried to go online at 6 a.m. exactly on the 180 day mark (just in case the planner couldn’t get the day we wanted) and book a table and the only availability was late at night. By the time I selected it, then logged in (my mistake) it had already booked up by 6:07 completely for the entire night. I was very glad for the 180 +10! This will be my kids’ first trip to Disney and after this my daughter won’t be into princesses any more *tear*

14 Jennifer { 07.09.13 at 2:55 pm }

I really wish they started taking reservations later in the day. 6am EST is 3am here on the West Coast!!!

15 Myndee { 07.09.13 at 3:03 pm }

My story was amazing- we could not get reservations for our trip last year in advance, but while we were there, we had to cancel breakfast ressie, and the woman on the phone got us into B0G that same evening! I’m sure it was nothing short of a miracle, haha. Thanks for this tip so I know exactly when to try to book the reservation for our next trip.

16 Amy Sinclair { 07.09.13 at 4:12 pm }

We of course do this all the time and run into many times at 7AM if for what ever reason, we cannot do 6AM, no time slots available at optimal times. You really need to do online to get this for sure. We also have a hidden secret but only share with clients last minute if we haven’t gotten it for them, never in writing…

17 DisneyDiningAgent { 07.09.13 at 5:22 pm }

This is not the case. ALL tables are supposed to be loaded 190 days out to take advantage of the 180 days +10. The reason you don’t see availability occasionally is that Disney sometimes lags behind in loading the tables for restaurants and there is no rhyme or reason to it. Some days I can get any restaurant 190 days out, some days not. Sometimes I can’t get a restaurant even only 180 days out, too…it doesn’t become available until later in the week. It’s just random, there is no pattern.

18 jeff { 07.09.13 at 5:26 pm }

we got be our guest reservations twice in a week on may 19th and may 24th the first night we were seating in the west wing and the second night the great hall. i guess we really lucked out haha.

love the site btw, however Dave, i now blame you for my empty wallet because your tips and tricks made my girlfriend and I have such a perfect vacation, i have to go back again this coming may. keep up the great work!

19 Sarah { 07.09.13 at 5:38 pm }

We are staying in September and when I went to book my dining at 180 days out the computers were down. So I called at 7am and waiting a good 30 minutes before I could speak with someone. I probably should of made that reservation first in hines site but I ended up getting Be our Guest reservations at 4:50pm. The only other option at 6 days out was 7:50pm. We have little ones so I knew eating late wouldn’t of work. So if you’re staying on property I recommend booking at the end of your week for Be our Guest first before Chef Mickey, etc. Good luck!

20 DB { 07.09.13 at 8:31 pm }

We got Be Our Guest reservations on that crazy day last August when they first started taking them for the grand opening. It took multiple people with multiple phones to even get something other than a busy signal. DH waited on hold for over an hour and somehow got us a 4:20 slot for Dec. We felt so lucky and as we waited in line at BOG with our ADR on our December trip, multiple families just walked up and asked for a table and they got in before we did and we had hard fought and won reservations! I guess it is worth it to give it a shot as a walk-in.

21 Heather { 07.10.13 at 9:11 am }

I wanted to make a Chef Mickey res for our upcoming 7-day trip, so I called at the 180-day pre-trip mark, but wasn’t in a big hurry with the timing (called around 10 AM EST). The very friendly cast member made my requested res, then said, “Oo! I have Be Our Guest available!” We ended up with an 8:05 PM dinner res on our 2nd to last day, which is perfect for us (we’re late eaters). It was a nice little magical bonus that we weren’t even planning on!

22 Dave { 07.10.13 at 9:31 am }

Thanks, everyone for the comments and observations!! Rather than reply individually, I’ve tried to sum up the comments both here and all over the place on Facebook on this page: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/07/10/booking-be-our-guest-continued/

23 Sharon { 07.10.13 at 10:15 am }

For our summer trip I was able to book Be Our Guest after our initial booking window opened because the restaurant extended their hours to beyond 9:00 pm. I follow several WDW fan sites on Facebook and Twitter and noticed that someone had posted about additional times being opened up, logged on and got a 9:05 reservation. So if at first you don’t succeed, keep on trying!!

24 MrsM { 07.11.13 at 11:47 am }

My and I are eating at BOG in around two weeks. We are resort guests but since this is our first trip with kids I wanted them to see MK first so I wasn’t able to book earlier than a non resort guest. I called at 179 days because I was on the fence about where to eat. We have 4 boys but only 1 girl and I worried about BOG being too girly. I called around 9am CST. They only had an 8:40pm available but it worked with our day so I was fine with that. I didn’t realize it was as hard to get a reservation as others are saying it is. I’m really glad that I was able to get us a table even though I didn’t call right away.

25 Jeremy { 07.13.13 at 8:40 pm }

Not to brag but I got reservations for BOG. I did of course use the method mentioned above by reserving for the seventh night of our stay. I also used the IPO so I didn’t have to worry about being online or on the phone. I had thought CRT would be the most difficult reservation to get but the CM told me that BOG would actually be the hardest one and that was on a low-crowd day! Glad I got it, now I just hope the experience matches the hype.

26 Diana { 07.13.13 at 9:01 pm }

The concierge service at the GF took care of all our reservations. It was worth paying the extra to stay on a concierge floor for that service. BOG was OUTSTANDING!

27 Jerry { 07.13.13 at 9:20 pm }

Good news that I don’t know if it was posted yet but they are testing out dinner in the Rose Room so that should help more people booking dinner. I know this past week it was walk up only and a small section of the room at that but still its something. :)

28 Kelly { 07.13.13 at 10:18 pm }

I went online at 180 days out and got a reservation for 5:30 with no problems. Guess I just got lucky:)

29 Marie-Eve L. { 07.15.13 at 10:53 am }

I woke up very early in the morning and I have been able to book a 04:35 dinner on the 3rd day of our vacation… Probably because we’re going during the low season (fall).

I’m thrilled and I feel very lucky. I can’t wait to be there.

30 Alex { 07.16.13 at 12:36 am }

i made reservations when they first started last august, when you had to use the phone, because it wasn’t available to book online. anyway, it took me 30 minutes till they finally answered. the earliest available times were a wed. in November, when I was in class, or 2 days after Christmas, now bear in mind that i got ahold of them 30 minutes after reservations for the restaurant went live which means they filled up 2 months in 28 mins. needless to say i was ecstatic when i made the reservations. we went 2 days after christmas btw. we loved it, every bit. needless to say we may have to wait till 2020 before we can eat there again. only due to that fact that we live 45 mins from WDW so the earliest we’ve booked a hotel is 55 days in advanced, and that was only so we knew we could get reservations at Bay Lake Towers for the One More Disney Day on leap day last year.

31 Tracy { 07.16.13 at 8:21 am }

We are going to Disney in October and could NOT get into BOG for dinner. Does anyone have any experience on how late they are open for lunch? We are landing in Orlando at 11am, and I’m hoping that we can get to our hotel, and then to MK for a late lunch before they stop serving!!! Do you think we can make it????

32 Matt { 07.31.13 at 2:29 pm }

A trick that I’ve heard some people use to virtually guarantee reservations (for their ideal time slot) at really hard to reserve places like BOG is to book a “placeholder” resort reservation to start 10 in advance of whenever they plan to eat at that uber popular restaurant.

Then, they make their ADRs 180 days in advance of the placeholder reservation, taking maximum advantage of 180+10 to book 190 days out.

After that, they either cancel the placeholder reservation (if they weren’t planning on staying on site) or, if they are planning to stay on site, adjust it to their real planned arrival date (cancelling or changing a resort reservation does not affect an already booked ADR).

In that way, regardless of whether they are staying on site or not, they can eat at any hard to book restaurant on any night of their trip (even their arrival night) at their desired time.

While some people would consider this cheating (and it is arguably overkill for all but the most popular restaurants at the most popular times), it is not per se against Disney’s rules (an example of something that’s “legal” but may or may not be ethical depending on your perspective).

33 Dave { 08.01.13 at 7:53 am }

Wow, Matt, never heard of this. I get you on the ethical squishiness…

34 Jodi O { 11.15.13 at 11:41 pm }

Hi, has Disney recently changed the resort rule? I am exactly 180 days out and via the online reservation under My Disney Experience (which has my hotel linked) it is still only allowing me to book the date that is 180 days out. The future dates are not available.

35 Dave { 11.16.13 at 12:00 pm }

Jodi, I’d just call your reservations in if you are having trouble–407 WDW DINE

36 Alisha { 12.10.13 at 1:18 pm }

I’ve gotten walk ups twice. Once we at there for lunch (waited 45 minutes) and `were supposed to go somewhere else for dinner. Everyone cancelled and ended up being only two of us, so a friend made a joke that we should try. We walked right in!

The second time it was a party of six and I got in line an hour before it opened, at 4:15 they start taking what walkins they could. We were told 35-45 and before we finished taking pictures as we walked across the bridge the pager was going off.

Heading down this week and hoping for the same luck.

37 Dave { 12.11.13 at 8:32 am }

Cool, Alisha! Good luck this week!

38 Michelle { 01.13.14 at 11:43 am }

I would just like to share something strange that happened to me regarding BOG while planning our 2/1/14 – 2/8/14 Disney trip. I booked most of my restaurants at 45 days out once i made the final payment. BOG was the only top place that icould not get into – on any day or time that iwas going to be at MK. At the 30 day mark is started checking BOG everyday to see if any openings arose. (along with a few other changes i was trying to make) and BOG never had any openings. Suddenly, yesterday, on the 20 day mark – it had TONS of openings… all different times and different days! REALLY STRANGE. So just want people to know to not give up! Maybe they addded more CMs to work that day/week or something? Not sure…… but am glad. My other question is – I can either go to BOG at 6:20pm or Cindys at 8:35 Pm (I have to cancel one). My kids are 1 and 5. I obviously think the 6:20 time is much better but had wanted to do the whole “castle” thing – you can still walk through the castle right? Her BBB appt. is that day (4pm) but at downtown disney as the MK BBB had no openings all week…….

39 Dave { 01.14.14 at 7:43 am }

Michelle, first thanks for the scoop! I haven’t a clue why it happened, but that’s cool, and thanks for letting us all know.

On BOG vs Cindy–honestly, at that age I’d pick Cindy in a heartbeat.

BOG has a cool setting, but for a 5 year old so does Cindy, and there’s not much that happens at BOG, whereas at Cindy she’ll meet the princesses etc.

I think the menu at Cindy is much more suited to little kids too!

And yes if you choose to ignore me–and most sensible people do!!!–you can walk through the Castle, but its not really a show–you our walking through a passageway, not seeing rooms or anything like that.

As you note the time of BOG is better. And it is worth noting that BOG is the only place at MK that you can get a glass or two of mine–which may be the most important point!

40 Michelle Garry { 01.14.14 at 9:27 am }

Side question – if i do cindys that day – i could do BOG instead of crystal palace on the other day – however, i thought that since cindys and BOG may be “similiar” castle meals… that CP might be nice to do something a little different? thoughts?

41 Dave { 01.14.14 at 9:49 am }

Michelle with kids that age I’d rank them as Cindy first, CP second, and BOG third…meeting the characters will be more fun for them than being in a cool setting…

42 Michelle { 01.14.14 at 11:49 am }

Thanks dave! I thought you met belle and the best at BOG….. but seems i was wrong..

we do her akershus on our first saturday too. Too many options.. gotta pick and choose!

43 Michelle { 01.14.14 at 11:50 am }

we do have akershus on our first saturday too. Too many options.. gotta pick and choose!

44 Dave { 01.15.14 at 7:12 am }

Michelle, the Beast is a maybe at BOG, and that’s it–no Belle.

45 Tim { 01.15.14 at 10:14 am }

Thanks for the input regarding reworking the itineraries. Huge job I’m sure. I’m thinking about trying for BOG instead of CP. My kids will be 9 (almost 10) and 7. I know there’s no characters at BOG but they’re really not into Winnie the Pooh and also both kids have a food allergy (gluten) so buffets are not the best choice for us. Thoughts?

46 Dave { 01.16.14 at 7:21 am }
47 SplashScott { 02.18.14 at 12:41 pm }

We are 30 days out and just got a reservation at Be Our Guest through the My Disney Experience web site for March 17th. People must change plans all the time on this new site, which makes changing Fast Pass+ and dining reservations quick, without the need to wait on the telephone line. I really like the new system. I had been trying for about 40 days, off and on, to get reservations, and BINGO it worked. It’s like anything else, picture yourself there and the universe will find a way to make it happen ;)

48 Dave { 02.18.14 at 4:17 pm }

Terrific news!!! And thanks for sharing!

49 Renee { 02.26.14 at 10:05 am }

Just wanted to report that I just scheduled a dinner at Be Our Guest for the end of August at 187 days because of a resort package. I probably will not make fans for saying I scheduled that and Akershus at Epcot around the same time on the same day hoping to use a fast pass 2 months out to schedule the lunch at Be Our Guest during our trip. If I can do that, I will cancel our dining reservation asap at Be Our Guest and that will free it up for someone else. If I can’t I will cancel Akershus. (On a side note, when I did the 180+ reservations, I did it online after signing in to my account and didn’t have a single problem. I reserved Spirit of Aloha and it didn’t bill me, I just checked a box that I was using the dining plan.) Thank you for the great website, not all WDW one’s are created equal!

50 Lisa { 02.26.14 at 12:58 pm }

Ok you are gonna love this !!!!!!! I tried to book last year on our 180 day mark. Well i wanted it on a Tuesday which the phone attendant said that it happened to be on the Halloween party night and they were not taking any reservations. I didnt know when the party was going to be because they had not released the dates at that time yet. Well that would have been our last night there and the days prior were all booked up : ( So we happen to try to do it with our magic bands on line and i some how even though we were not chosen to do that it let me make the reservation and pick out our meal but wouldnt give me a confirm for it. (we were not authorized with the magic bands to do it) we i went for lunch and walked up and showed them my paper and said i didnt know if it worked or not and the nice girl said come on up and walked past the 50 plus people standing there and got in for lunch. This time i am going to try it the 184 days and see if it works. Ill keep ya updated!!!!! Thanks for the good info!!!!!!!!!!!!

51 Lisa { 02.26.14 at 2:02 pm }

Also i have a question for BOG dinner dining. Is the Beast normally there for after dining to take a picture? The bummer thing is they no longer have the Beast in Epcot to meet for pictures so our only chance to meet him again will be at BOG and my daughter loves him! I have sort of heard both ways and the time i finagled my way in was at lunch and i know there is no chance for him to be there at lunch. Thanks!

52 Dave { 02.27.14 at 8:08 am }

Thanks Renee–and great news on BOG!!!

53 Dave { 02.27.14 at 8:13 am }

Lisa, I can’t find a straight answer either–it seems to be sometimes but not always…

54 Leanne { 02.28.14 at 1:27 pm }

I tried to make ADR here for my family of four but did not have success. Then I thought to try a reservation for 2 and several slots were available so I am thinking these take longer to fill up. I am going to do a mother-son date and my husband is going to do a father-daughter date. I think this will be fun and different.

55 Ivy { 03.01.14 at 2:55 am }

I got a reservation, 85 days in advance for two, at 7:30 for our third night out of five. I guess it was a miracle? I was browsing one morning and just saw availability for 4:40 and 7:30 and thought why not? Lucked out.

56 Dave { 03.01.14 at 8:30 am }

Leanne, what a great idea!

57 Dave { 03.01.14 at 8:33 am }

Ivy that’s great! Cancellations happen all the time–I’m glad you snagged one!

58 kelly { 03.27.14 at 10:12 pm }

no luck here. we are going in september & the day we hit 180 out – i was online first thing trying to book b.o.g. at some point during our stay. nothing was available, so i called to double check – nothing. we are a party of 6, so i am thinking the larger size may have something to do with it – perhaps not the same amount of 6 tops as 2 tops? i keep checking & will continue to do so for an open spot. thank you for the posts, everyone, gave me a glimmer of hope! :)

59 Dave { 03.28.14 at 6:42 am }

Kelly, good luck!

60 Brian { 03.30.14 at 5:30 pm }

My siblings and I are going in September, as well. Our travel agent started trying to book for us the day we were eligible, and couldn’t find anything the entire week. Now, I’m left simply checking the MyDisneyExperience website every day between now and our trip, hoping that something will open up.

61 Dave { 03.31.14 at 8:00 am }

Good luck, Brian! People do cancel–including the day before!

62 julie { 04.01.14 at 7:51 am }

There was nothing left this morning on-line at 6am and calling at 7am. I am staying on Disney property too for 7 nights. Any thoughts if Disney opens up more reservations later?

LOVE your website and this is not my 1st trip either!

63 Dave { 04.02.14 at 8:11 am }

Hi Julie and thanks! No new capacity gets opened–but people cancel as their plans change, so keep trying!

64 Kristi { 04.08.14 at 11:31 pm }

OK, Dave… you should feel special as you’re the first person I’m sharing my really cool news with… Today I got an email from Disney saying we’d been selected to participate in a trial of FastPass/Pre-order for lunch at BOG! I had been trying to get a reservation since December, had given up any hope of getting an ADR, and had just left a spot open in our itinerary hoping to get in for lunch without an enormous wait. Now our food is already ordered and we have a 30 minute arrival window and special arrival instructions! I have no idea how or why we were selected but I am most appreciative of however it came to be! For your info purposes I’ll say there were a few glitches with the online ordering – some my old computer, some just system quirks but I’ll take it without complaint!

65 Dave { 04.09.14 at 10:09 am }

Yay Kristi!! And thanks for sharing!

66 Kristi { 04.13.14 at 9:09 pm }

Hello again Dave! Just me again with another elusive Disney Question for you… According to the “internet” lunch at BOG is counter/quick service credit on Disney Dining Plan. The cast member I just “chatted” with on the website said it is table service. Given I received wrong info from the online chat feature before I am thinking the internet is right… and hoping as well! So, I would welcome a definitive answer if you would be so kind, Disney Dave… Thank you in advance!

67 Dave { 04.14.14 at 7:40 am }

Kristi you are right, lunch is quick service!

68 Anonymous { 04.14.14 at 10:50 am }

Thank you, yet again, Dave!! So glad to hear that – now I don’t have to eliminate a TS ADR and re-work our plans. :)

69 Lisa { 04.15.14 at 11:09 am }

Well with all your excellent advice of calling the first day you are eligible for the entire week. I was able to get a dinner reservation its not until 8:40pm but that is fine we will just have a late lunch. I have heard if the beast is there and you happen to be there a little late sometimes you can get a little longer picture taking event with him lol we will see. Thanks again with all your advice.

70 Dave { 04.16.14 at 7:53 am }

Great news Lisa! Have fun!

71 Andrea { 04.29.14 at 5:45 pm }

I was up before 5:00 am cst on our 180th day and was able to get all of my ADRs done w/in 10 minutes! Chef Mickey’s the night of our arrival, lunch w/ Cinderella on our first day in the parks, Crystal Palace lunch later in the week, and dinner at the Beast’s castle on our last night–and we’re only staying 5 nights, so I didn’t even utilize the whole “10 days out”. Go in w/ a plan (and an alternate, and an alternate alternate) and have a window open on the computer for each restaurant w/ the preferred time selected. Start with the hardest to get reservations (CRT and BOG). It’s definitely possible! Good luck!

72 Dave { 04.30.14 at 7:45 am }

Yay Andrea!!–love the thought of multiple open windows!!

73 Kate { 05.10.14 at 9:17 pm }

Today is day 180 of my 6 day trip. NOT one dinner reservation the entire trip! I am not even going at a peak time and I still can’t get a table . Doesn’t make sense as the restaurant is rather large. The rep told me that they do not release add’l tables on day 180 but I am going to give it a shot anyway. Quite disappointing! Doesn’t make sense that the place is already full.

74 Dave { 05.11.14 at 4:40 pm }

Kate, BOG can serve perhaps a 50th of the guests at the park on any given day…

75 Gina Sancho { 05.25.14 at 9:39 am }

My husband and I had a “Beauty and the Beast ” themed wedding and I would really love to book BOG for October 26th of 2015. I don’t think they allow anyone to book that far out? Any suggestions? Do i book a hotel stay beforehand? It would make our trip just so special and I am afraid we won’t get a reservation for dinner.

76 Dave { 05.26.14 at 7:39 am }

Hi Gina! What a cute wedding idea! Is he really a beast? You can only book 180 days ahead (or closer). If you have booked a Disney hotel, then once the 180 day rolls around, you can then book ten days after–which puts you nine days ahead of the line.

77 Mitchi { 05.28.14 at 8:50 am }

I’m going with my mother in June. She sort of took over all of the planning, but we didn’t even know that we would be going to Disney until about 100 days before we’re planned to leave. She found some sort of special option for a lunch reservation or something along those lines. Not the counter service lunch that the they have, but a sit down lunch where you order all of your food before you even get to Orlando. I’m pretty hazy about what it is, but it might be something to look into?

78 Dave { 05.30.14 at 11:43 am }

Mitchi, this sounds like Be Our Guest fastpasses for lunch–an offer to (some) WDW resort guests that doesn’t count against any other FP+ limits…

79 Nicole { 06.15.14 at 6:05 am }

Woke up at 3 am and no luck :( I really wish Disney would allow non resort guests to just find out if there are any reservations for the day before, before we wake up at 3 am for nothing. I tried calling but they wouldn’t even tell me without a resort code. Thanks for the advice though!

80 Dave { 06.16.14 at 6:56 am }

Sorry, Nicole!

81 j { 07.14.14 at 6:10 pm }

I walked up to the window without a reservation a few days ago. Asked if there had been any cancellations or if they had a table avail. Got a table for 2 20 minutes later.

82 Dave { 07.15.14 at 7:43 am }

That’s fantastic, J!!!

83 Chelsea { 10.31.14 at 10:15 am }

We lucked out, booked our ADRs two weeks ago for our April 2015 trip and were able to snag a BOG dinner reservation for our FIRST night on site. We weren’t able to get dinner reservations last year when we went so we are very excited!

84 Dave { 10.31.14 at 2:00 pm }

Yay!!! Have fun, Chelsea!!

85 Jane { 12.01.14 at 9:38 pm }

Hi Dave, we are just back from our trip and it was wonderful (except for a torrential rain…but still wonderful). Wanted to leave a comment about BOG so people will know. When you are eating dinner you see (at some point) the Beast make an entrance and walk through the dining room, and they say that he will be greeting visitors in the library. But they do not say when you are supposed to go, so I thought it was whenever you wanted. I took my 2 yr old daughter there when she got too fussy to stay at at the table, and after waiting in line for awhile (a short line) was told we weren’t supposed to be there until after we’d paid the bill. This was the only time at Disney that I felt like the customer service wasn’t stellar, as the whole thing made me feel embarrassed and a little irked b/c the line was so short it didn’t seem like I was taking someone else’s spot. We did go back after eating with our whole party and it was very nice though. The BOG experience was definitely worth all the times I checked for cancellations.

86 Dave { 12.02.14 at 8:09 am }

Jane, thanks for the feedback…

87 Jane { 12.02.14 at 11:07 pm }

Hi Dave, one thing I don’t understand about BOG: why is the 3rd room (the one with the “music box” of Belle and the Beast dancing) not open for dinner? When we were there there was only one family dining in there, and I couldn’t figure out why they were in their except they seemed to have a large party. If it’s so hard to get a reservation, why are they not using all the space? I’m sure there is a good reason. It was actually really nice to be able to go in there and take pics without a crowd–such a lovely space.

88 Dave { 12.03.14 at 8:17 am }

Jane I don’t have the scoop on this. I have heard that fire codes are different when alcohol is served, so that there is lower capacity at dinner because of that…

89 Jane { 12.03.14 at 10:36 am }

I also realized after writing that maybe it was supposed to be full but people stayed away because of the rain. It really was scary rain. But the lobby was full of people waiting for their tables, do maybe not…….