The Disney Vacation Club at the Polynesian Resort

This is the sixth page of this review of Disney’s Polynesian Resort. For the first page, see this

THE DISNEY VACATION CLUB AT DISNEY’S POLYNESIAN RESORT

Disney Vacation Club studios and villas are two things at the same time:

1. Spaces available as time-shares to members of the Disney Vacation Club, and
  2. The exact same spaces reservable for cash for a night or ten to anyone, just like any other rooms at Walt Disney World.

Disney Vacation Club One and Two-Bedroom Villas, in particular, are a very comfortable way to visit Walt Disney World without having to pay the price of a suite.

Old-Key-West-One-Bedroom-Villa-Floor-Plan-Layout1These villas include a full kitchen, living and dining space and one or two bedrooms. See the image for an example–not of Polynesian plans!

My bud Steve has reported extensively on his site Tikiman Pages about Disney Vacation Club offerings coming to the Polynesian Resort, and also covered it on his Facebook page.

His original reporting had a couple of new five story buildings being added, one in the Luau Cove area and the other where Rapa Nui is now, Tahiti being converted, and stand-alone bungalows added along the beach.  A new pool would have been added between Tokelau and the eastern side of the resort.

The image below is based on that original reporting.

DVC at Disney's Polynesian Resort

Plans seem to have changed.

The two new buildings seem off–or at least delayed–and also no longer being discussed is the new pool.  The bungalows are being built and Tahiti, Rapa Nui and Tokelau are all being converted to DVC. These rooms may be available as soon as late 2014.

I’ll keep you posted as I learn more from Steve!

PAGES: Previous | 1 | 2  | 3 | 4 |  5  |  6

Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook or Twitter!

1 Mary @ Capturing Magical Memories { 06.25.13 at 7:13 am }

I love the idea of the grand villas along or in the lagoon. Can you just imagine the competition to get those rooms?

2 Dave { 06.25.13 at 9:48 am }

Yeah, Mary…my guess is they will be astonishing!

3 Kuleen @TheDisneyKids { 06.25.13 at 11:05 pm }

I love the ariel view map. I can see where I got married at Sunset Pointe- that little bump at the top right with the walking path that leads up to it. :)

4 Dave { 06.26.13 at 7:08 am }

I bet that was wonderful, Kuleen!

5 Heidi { 06.26.13 at 7:34 am }

And my dream of staying at the Poly one day lives on . . .

6 DIStherapy { 06.26.13 at 9:32 am }

I have such mixed feelings about this Dave. Complete change coming to my 1972 “home” will be a bit tough to take, but I try to balance that sadness by dreaming of a night in a new Tahiti room! Great overview (literally)!!

7 DISining Memories Jenn { 06.26.13 at 10:23 am }

Oh, this prospect makes me so excited! A tri-fecta of monorail DVC locations would make my dream come true!

8 Dave { 06.26.13 at 4:18 pm }

:) Heidi!

9 Dave { 06.26.13 at 4:18 pm }

Jenn, I agree, it’ll be really fun!

10 Allison - Agent with Destinations in Florida { 06.27.13 at 9:43 am }

I am super excited about this expansion. It is going to be amazing!

11 Dave { 06.28.13 at 6:55 am }

Allison, I can’t wait to stay in a 2 bedroom villa with a Magic Kingdom view!!

12 Mary { 07.09.13 at 12:55 pm }

Im not happy about the changes at the poly, i love it just the way it is

13 Dave { 07.10.13 at 8:46 am }

Yeah, Mary, a lot of people agree with you!

14 Aunt Rosie { 10.24.13 at 12:50 am }

If I get to the Poly in late Sept 2014 and find the main pool is closed for rehab. Will I be able to change resorts?

15 Dave { 10.24.13 at 7:37 am }

Well, you can always change resorts if there is capacity elsewhere…

16 Mary Beth { 12.31.13 at 3:08 pm }

Hey, Dave, this is the first time I’ve seen this site, and I have to say I am VERY impressed! I am taking my 3 children for what will probably be our last trip to Disney for quite a while, the oldest will be 15, and childhood is just about over… I have usually stayed at Moderates, Caribbean Beach was a favorite, but we also stayed at All Star Music once and the Contemporary once.
It has always been my dream to stay at the Poly, and this is our year! We will be going in mid- August, and I know you can’t really know what will be happening with the closures by then, so I really would just like your recommendation for which longhouse to request. Thanks!

17 Dave { 01.01.14 at 7:28 am }

Hi Mary Beth and thanks! I still go with Tokelau!

18 Jeannie { 02.05.14 at 1:13 pm }

We just switched our reservation from AKL to The Polynesian, we are annual pass holders and we never splurge on hotels since we are only about an hour or so away. My question is about the restaurant options, can we bring breakfast back to the room from the quick service restaurant? Also, we are due to arrive on Friday, do you think they may be able to get us a reservation for O’hana or the nightly luau? Thanks in advance! This is a great site (especially for someone that like to have ALL of the info ahead of time! )

19 Dave { 02.05.14 at 3:01 pm }

Hi Jeannie, and thanks! Yes, you can get your breakfast at the quick service to go. And I don’t know about ‘Ohana or the Luau Friday…

20 HeidiBTX { 05.28.14 at 7:58 pm }

We are planning our first ever family vacation to Walt Disney World. The travel agent I have been consulting is concerned that renovations at the Polynesian could dramatically impact the quality of a stay there. That being said, I am kind of tempted to see if we can get one of the refurbished rooms there. Any updates on the refurb status and how it might impact a trip in December 2014? Thanks!

21 Dave { 05.30.14 at 11:47 am }

Heidi, the rooms are all refurbed. Of concern then will be the pool. My advice is that if you have doubts, avoid it…

22 HeidiBTX { 06.05.14 at 11:24 am }

Thank you so much. I hadn’t really envisioned us swimming much in December, but I guess they probably heat the pools this being Disneyworld and I should plan for some pool time. We will aim for the Wilderness Lodge. I like the price better anyway and my son/daughter will prefer bunk beds to fighting over who get s the queen and who gets the daybed. Thanks again!

23 Dave { 06.06.14 at 7:37 am }

Cool, Heidi! You probably already know this, but bunk-bed rooms are a separate class at WL–you specifically reserve them.

Leave a Comment | Ask a Question | Note a Problem easy 15 banner

My response to questions and comments will be on the same page as the original comment, likely within 24-36 hours . . . I reserve the right to edit and delete comments as I choose . . . All rights reserved. Copyright 2008-2014 . . . Unless otherwise noted, all photos are by me--even the ones in focus--except for half a dozen from my niecelets . . . This site is entirely unofficial and not authorized by any organizations written about in it . . . All references to Disney and other copyrighted characters, trademarks, marks, etc., are made solely for editorial purposes. The author makes no commercial claim to their use . . . Nobody's perfect, so follow any advice here at your own risk.