November 2013 at Walt Disney World

November   December   January    February   March   April   May   June

OVERVIEW: NOVEMBER 2013 AT DISNEY WORLD

November 2013 at Walt Disney World from yourfirstvisit.netThis page reviews November 2013 Walt Disney World crowds, prices, deals and discounts, weather, and operating hours; adds a few other notes; and ends with week by week summaries.

NOVEMBER 2013 CROWDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

November has high, low and moderate crowd weeks.

Crowds are highest over Thanksgiving Week–Thanksgiving Day is 11/28 in 2013–are moderate during Jersey Week beginning 11/2, and are low the rest of the weeks in the month.

On a crowd scale of 1-11, the week beginning 10/26 has a  crowd ratings of 2/lower, the week beginning 11/2 has a crowd rating of 6/moderate, the week beginning 11/9 2/lower, the week beginning 11/16 3/low, and the week beginning 11/23 9/high.

However, even during the low crowd weeks, certain days at the Magic Kingdom can still be wildly crowdedSee this for how to avoid them.

See this for more on 2013 crowds at Disney World.

NOVEMBER 2013 PRICES AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

November hotel prices begin the month 15% higher than the lowest of the year at the values, 8% higher than the lowest of the year at the moderates, and the 8% higher than the  lowest of the year at the deluxes.

Prices bump up quite a bit over Thanksgiving Week–on 11/23 to 11/29 at the values and moderates, and 11/26 to 11/29 at the deluxes–and then return to the level they began the month at on November 30.

For an example of how prices move over 2013, see the image.

See this for more on 2013 resort hotel prices at Walt Disney World.

NOVEMBER 2013 DEALS AND DISCOUNTS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Deals are available for November 2013. Find them here.

NOVEMBER 2013 WEATHER AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Early November weather can be about as good as Orlando gets. Over the course of the month, lower and more variable temps emerge.  Days can be perfect, or quite cool.

Disney World Temperatures and Percentile Distribution Click the image, or go to Weather and When to Go to Disney World, for more on temperatures..

DISNEY WORLD SPECIAL EVENTS IN NOVEMBER 2013

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will have its last show of 2013 on November 1. See this for more on this special event, which requires a different special ticket.

The 2013 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is scheduled to continue until November 11.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will show multiple times in November, beginning November 8. See this for more on this special event, which requires a different special ticket.

NOVEMBER 2013 OPERATING HOURS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Park operating hours vary by the day, and sometimes change without notice. It is rare for hours to be shorter than Disney has publicized, but Disney may lengthen them in response to unanticipated crowds.

The best way to keep up with operating hours is to check Disney’s official calendars, usually available six months in advance.

These calendars can be found by clicking the following links:

WEEK BY WEEK COMMENTS FOR NOVEMBER 2013 AT WALT DISNEY WORLD BY ARRIVAL DATE

The week rankings that follow below are from 2013 weeks to visit, ranked in order, and are designed for first-time visitors who do not know whether or not they will return.

Click the image for a calendar view of 2013 weeks (when open, keep clicking to enlarge.)

10/26/2013 Low prices. Lower crowds. Crowd ranking=2. Week ranking=5. Recommended Week. Use the Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary but see this for required changes

11/2/2103  Jersey WeekPrices low at all resorts. Moderate crowds. Crowd ranking=6. Week ranking=17. Use the Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary but see this for required changes

11/9/2013 Prices low at all resorts. Lower crowds. Crowd ranking=2. Week ranking=6. Recommended Week. Use the Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary but see this for required changes

11/16/2013  Moderate-minus prices at values, low at deluxes and moderates. Lower crowds. Crowd ranking=2. Week ranking=11. Recommended Week. Use the Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary but see this for required changes

11/23/2013 Thanksgiving Week. High prices at values and moderates, moderate prices at deluxes. High crowds. Crowd ranking=9. Week ranking=38.  Use the Autumn-Winter-Spring Itinerary but see this for possible changes

MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD

1 Michael H { 04.17.13 at 9:31 am }

Hi Dave, I only see the hours for November for the first week – is there somewhere else you are finding the hours? Thanks. Michael.

2 Dave { 04.17.13 at 9:36 am }
3 Richard { 05.01.13 at 2:38 pm }

Hi Dave- Above you have that the week of November 9th to be a low level crowd week. Does the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend effect that seeing as it is Nov. 8th & 9th? We are really trying to find the PERFECT week to go with low crowds in either Oct. or Nov. & I was leaning toward that week…?? Thank You, Richard

4 Dave { 05.02.13 at 6:54 am }

Hi Richard, the marathon will clot things up over the weekend–which will already be busy from Jersey Week–but the rest of that week will be great!

5 Sara M { 05.02.13 at 11:06 pm }

If we arrive November 10th will the week be PERFECT? Is Jersey Week and the Half Marathon weekend over by that Sunday?

6 Dave { 05.03.13 at 7:38 am }

Sara you might see a little hangover through the 11th but the rest of that week will be perfect!!!

7 Veronica { 05.06.13 at 11:21 pm }

Hello!

I was thinking of visiting Epcot Nov 8th, 9th, or 10th for the food and wine festival. Will the crowds be overwhelming since it’s the last days for that event? Any info will be helpful.

8 Dave { 05.07.13 at 9:22 am }

Veronica, the crowds are always high at F&W on weekends, and those days–which combine the end of F&W, Jersey Week, and Veterans Day, will be particularly rough at Epcot…

9 Carla { 05.21.13 at 10:39 pm }

Hi Dave- Thinking of going to Mickeys Christmas on Nov 8th (the first night). Is that the busiest day? Will the Jersey Week or F&W Run effect it? Or should I try for a later date? Thanks!

10 Dave { 05.22.13 at 6:37 am }

Hi Carla, they limit the number of tickets they sell, so even if it sells out–which it may, for the reasons you note–it should be fine!

11 Greg { 07.29.13 at 6:51 pm }

Hi Dave. My wife and I have done Disney every year since 06. That year we took our son who was five years old for his first visit. That year we booked a stay at Pop Century the week before Christmas. We chose this week on the advice of our travel agent. Bad idea it didn’t matter if you got there at the opening of the park or not there were 30 minutes to an hour wait times at every park. Since then we’ve had another child who is now five. After 06 we started going the week after Thanksgiving. Generally staying for seven days. We would check in the day or two after the holiday checking out the following weekend. This has worked very well and we have seen minimal crowds and lines at the parks. That was until last year when at the same time we decided to stay at the new resort Art of Animation. The resort itself seemed to be quite crowded and this was expected being it was new. But the big difference was seen at the parks where lines abounded and wait times were long. My wife equated it to the whole 2012 end of the world bucket list thing. I am not sure she was right its a possibility but I do know there were many more people than in previous years at the same time. This year we will be staying at a moderate with the dining plan as usual. Our time of stay will be a little bit different as we will be checking in on the 11th through the 18th of November. Just curious as to what you thought about these dates in particular as opposed to a day or two after Thanksgiving.

12 Dave { 07.30.13 at 7:49 am }

Hi Greg!! Early December was a bit of a wreck last year becasue of the opening of New Fantasyland. I expect it to be better this year. Your dates–Nov 11-18–should be just wonderful.

But (and this may have been an issue last year as well) because of the parties, which days you go to MK can make a really big difference. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/04/30/crowds-and-walt-disney-world/

13 Greg { 07.30.13 at 5:44 pm }

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. The opening to the new fantasyland may answer the question as to why MK was busy but I’m still not sure about the other parks. I would love to know if the numbers were just higher in 2012 as opposed to previous years. The wife and I went twice last year and both times it was much higher crowds than previous years at the same time. This year we are staying at CB for the first time and I deftly will be following your advice on this resort. The added bus stops won’t be a problem for us as I will be driving to and from the parks. I found out a long time ago that the bus system there is what I like to call an inconvenient convenience. Yes it’s true not having to drive yourself is the convenience in it but waiting in the long line when you’re ready to go and/or leave is the inconvenience. That coupled with the fact that you may have to wait for a second bus to come and/or stand on the way back cancels out the convenience. I have found a lot of time is saved by doing this. You see it’s quicker to just go out and hop in your car with your family and go versus standing on a crowded bus.

14 Dave { 07.31.13 at 8:13 am }

Greg on the first point, what happened was that a lot of folks timed their overall trips to WDW–to all the parks–around Fantasyland, and they then went into all the parks, not just MK. There was actually a bunch of new stuff in all 4 parks–some a little limp. And I got you on the pleasures of rental cars at Walt Disney World!!

15 Janie { 09.01.13 at 9:48 am }

Hi Dave! We are planning to go 11/11-11/14 and I’m a bit confused as I look at all the different Disney planning sites. Some are saying it will be crowded 11/11 and others are saying it will be a low crowd day. Would it be better for us to change our dates to 11/12-11/15? Thanks!

16 Dave { 09.02.13 at 9:06 am }

Janie, if it costs you nothing, I’d move it a day. If it costs I would not bother.

Veterans Day is usually not crowded because 1. hardly anyone has it off and 2. it’s not a guaranteed three day weekend (as the vacation days is the actual day, not the nearest Monday, unless it falls on a weekend) In 2013, tho, unusually Veterans Day falls on a Monday at the end of Jersey Week, leading many to expect that the moderate Jersey Week crowds will spill over to 11/11.

Was this even remotely helpful? Then mosey on over to the home page, and like it on Facebook or pin it on Pinterest!

17 Janie { 09.02.13 at 5:50 pm }

Thanks so much!

18 Brittany { 09.12.13 at 3:19 pm }

Dave, you seem to be very helpful so I was hoping to get your opionion on my trip. We are going Nov 11 arriving around 1pm, and leaving the morning of the 17th. We have a four day park pass with our package. I was hoping to visit MK, AK, HS and I wasnt sold on Epcot yet. However this Christmas party looks fun! What would you suggest for a plan for my days? I was also hoping to check out Sea World, or Universal but those were just bonus’s! We are ages 20 and 25.

Any help is great!

Thanks

19 Dave { 09.13.13 at 12:55 pm }

Hi Brittany, for the Disney parks, here’s parks to avoid by day:

11/12: Avoid Epcot, MK
11/13: Avoid AK, MK
11/14 Avoid MK
11/15: Avoid Epcot
11/16 Avoid HS

Note that MK can be really busy certain days this week–see http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/04/30/crowds-and-walt-disney-world/

Sea World/Universal etc are typically best Saturdays-Mondays

Well then mosey on over to the home page, and like it on Facebook or pin it on Pinterest!

20 Alicia { 09.16.13 at 8:39 am }

I was wondering why you say to avoid MK on 11/14? I thought with there being a mvmcp day the park wouldn’t be too bad. Thanks!

21 Dave { 09.16.13 at 10:24 am }

Alicia, MK has morning extra magic hours that day, whihc draws extra visitors. Those who don’t have hoppers then stay all day, making it more crowded than other days with 7p close but not EMH…

22 Veronica { 09.19.13 at 11:25 am }

Hello. I am going to DW on 11/8, 11/9, 11/10, and 11/11. I know there’s a lot of events this weekend, but in your opinion which parks should I avoid on each of these days?

23 jodi { 09.19.13 at 11:40 am }

Hi Dave how are you.. I see you have F and W fest ending on nov 10. I am hoping thats typo because we planned on going the last day which i thought was Nov 11 th? Let me know which one it is thank you Jodi ;)

24 Dave { 09.19.13 at 5:16 pm }

Hi Veronica–the 8th I’d avoid AK, the 9th MK and HS, the 10th avoid MK, and the 11th avoid HS and AK.

25 Dave { 09.19.13 at 5:19 pm }

Hi Jodi, typo is fixed. Thanks for pointing it out!!

26 Alicia { 09.20.13 at 8:33 am }

Okay it appears I have made all my dining arrangements on the busiest park days the week that I’m there. Nov 11th – Nov 16th. So my question is on say Monday Nov 11th Will the crowds at HS be like crazy wall to wall crowds or about what can I expect?

27 Dave { 09.21.13 at 10:42 am }

Well, Alicia, I can’t recommend HS the 11th. It won;t be wall-to-wall–nothing is this time of year–but it will be appreciably worse than the other parks. Are you eligible for FastPass+ ? That might make HS easier to handle that day. See http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/09/16/many-more-disney-world-resorts-to-be-added-to-fastpass-test/

28 Alicia { 09.21.13 at 11:02 am }

If they open up November we should be eligible for fastpass+ we are staying at POP. I have small kids so there aren’t many rides I worry about at HS mainly the toy story ride and fantasmic! Thanks!

29 Dave { 09.22.13 at 7:10 am }

Let me know how it goes, Alicia!

30 Jodi { 09.26.13 at 7:30 am }

Davers yay we got FD, fast pass plus, and 2 sets of magic bands coming our way. My knee has 6 weeks still to heal and im doing pt everyday, i am praying i dont need an evc for everything and it looks like i might not.. going to use it just in the resort,and walking back n forth to riverside and hope im okay enough to make it through the parks .. yes whew so glad it was a typo because the 11 th we planned a whole day at F and W.. mive to see you over on the dis.. we have been going the last 3 years straight and if they have a bb we are booking it!!!

31 jodi { 09.26.13 at 7:31 am }

oops last comment up there is me i forgot to put my name

32 Dave { 09.26.13 at 11:15 am }

Good luck Jodi! And sorry again about the typo!!

33 Dave { 09.26.13 at 11:16 am }

I fixed it, Jodi!

34 Alicia { 09.26.13 at 12:55 pm }

I was able to get fastpasses for TSM and Fantasmic! So hopefully HS won’t be too unbearable that day! Thanks!!!

35 Dave { 09.27.13 at 6:42 am }

Great, Alicia!

36 D { 10.16.13 at 2:31 pm }

Hi :) we are planning on going Nov 12-22 2014 do you think this will be a good time for crowds and for us to have a great time to enjoy ourselves..this will be our 5 th time and we are celebrating our 25th anniversary ..no children. what will be some things for us to do during this time..will it be set up for Christmas or still Fall?? Thanks for any input :)

37 Dave { 10.17.13 at 10:11 am }

Hi D, as noted on this page, that is a great time to go. The Magic Kingdom will have all its Xmas decoration up by your arrival, and the other parks most! For what to do, see the recommended itineraries linked at the bottom of the page. You will likely want to cut out some of the character meals–whihc are probably booked up anyway–given the absence of kids!

38 Lilaclily { 10.19.13 at 3:02 pm }

My husband and i will be staying at a budget resort and buying hopper passes for 4 day. we dont want dining option. Should we just buy the tickets when we get there or will the resort be cheaper if we combine? Thank u for any info u can give

39 Stephanie { 10.19.13 at 9:56 pm }

Hi! Just found your website while searching for Disney ideas for my son’s 6th birthday. I was going to go the week of Oct 26- but it is just too busy for us. Then I found your site and realized “jersey” week was the following week- ACK! So now I am planning to go the week of Nov. 9th, which by the look of all your information, seems to be a very uncrowded time. Phew! So what I can gather, your do NOT recommend to go to the parks that have the extra hours, because those parks get very crowded on those days? I plan to buy non-park hopper tickets. We are FL residents- but live 3-1/2 hours away and only get to Disney every few years. Based on your reccs. I think my son would really enjoy the Polynesian resort. We don’t have a ton of $$, but for the few times we go, I think it would be a worthwhile splurge, do you? So, do you think this sounds good? Also I am confused by the dining plan. We would probably eat at the parks for lunch, and DTD for dinner- or somewhere at Disney. Or what ever you think a 6 year old might like. Looking forward to hearing back! Thanks, Stephanie

40 Dave { 10.20.13 at 6:56 am }

Hi Lilaclily! It won’t be cheaper if you combine, unless your dates are eligible for a deal that requires tickets. What are your dates?

41 Dave { 10.20.13 at 7:01 am }

Hi Stephanie and thanks! Your overall plan sounds great. However, think of the Wilderness Lodge as well. For a six year old boy it would be a hoot, it’s less expensive than the Poly, and since you’ll have a car, it’s inconvenience compared to the Poly matters much less. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/04/26/walt-disney-world-resort-hotel-reviews/

And yes, I do suggest skipping parks on their EMH days. But one thing–you can still run into huge crowds at MK if you go there the wrong day. Let me know your final dates and I’ll advise you when to avoid MK.

I would skip the dining plan–especially since you’ll find that a lot of the most popular restaurants are already booked up!

42 Stephanie { 10.20.13 at 12:34 pm }

Hi Dave- Thanks so much for the information. I am pretty sure our days will be November 11, 12 and 13. We would drive up early on the 11th, stay the night on 11 and 12, and leave on the 13- after a good day at on of the parks… Any idea which park I should visit on which days? My son is 45-46″ tall, so I know some of the fastest roller coasters are not for us, and that’s OK. Thanks again for you fantastic info! (I liked you on FB!!)
Stephanie

43 Dave { 10.21.13 at 9:58 am }

Thanks, Stephanie! MK will be best the 11th, and I’d avoid it the 12th. Avoid AK the 11th and 13th, avoid HS the 11th, and avoid Epcot the 12th!

44 Stephanie { 10.25.13 at 8:42 am }

Which park will be the best on Nov. 14, 2013?

45 Ash { 10.25.13 at 10:14 am }

Hello! I’m going to all 4 parks on Nov.17-20 I have a Florida resident yearly pass. My 1st solo trip!! (Any tips ?) How should the crowds be? What parks and times should I go to? I have rides I don’t usually go on so I’d like to do those . Also id love to walk around MK and Epcot and take everything in without walking into people .

46 Dave { 10.25.13 at 12:44 pm }

Hi Stpehnie, on 11/14 Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios will be the least crowded–both becasue they have short hours–very short at HS, with a 4p close. MK closes at 8.

47 Dave { 10.25.13 at 12:49 pm }

Hey Ash! I think that’s a great week with low crowds. Here’s parks to avoid by day:

11/17: Avoid HS
11/18: Avoid all but Epcot
11/19: Avoid Epcot
11/20: avoid AK

The least crowded day at MK will be the 17th–partly becasue it closes at 7p that day. That means no fireworks or evening parade. Your FL pass lets you hop, right? I’d then do MK the 17th, Epcot the 18th, AK the 19th, but hopping to MK for the evening fireworks (no parade this night–parade is less fun on a solo visit anyway) and HS the 20th.

48 April { 11.07.13 at 12:51 pm }

We are going to Disney for our first trip November 23-29 staying at Coronado. We are going with a 12, 6 and almost 3 year old. What days should we go to which park?
Thanks

49 Dave { 11.08.13 at 7:27 am }

Hi April! It will be wildly crowded all week, worst Weds-Thurs. Based on the current schedule, here’s parks to avoid by day

11/23: Avoid HS, MK
11/24: Avoid MK
11/25: Avoid HS, AK
11/26: Avoid Epcot
11/27 Avoid AK
11/28: Avoid MK, Epcot
11/29: Avoid Epcot

50 Kristy { 02.14.14 at 1:36 pm }

Hi Dave, going to disney Nov 15-22, 2014, we will have a 5 yr old and grandparents. Staying at Pop Century. The Grandparents hate people and long lines, and my 5 yr old is very inpatient. How will the crowds by then and will there be long waits for rides? ALso, would we still be able to enjoy the pool during Nov. Thank You.

51 Dave { 02.15.14 at 9:46 am }

Kristy that’s a great week–see #9 here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/10/15/2014-weeks-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-order/

However, at that time of the year you can hit big crowds if you go to the wrong park on the wrong day. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/04/30/crowds-and-walt-disney-world/ I’ll be able to give you day advice in about tow months (when the WDW calendar for then is out…)

Weather is all over the place–it can be perfect pool weather, or in the 60s. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/when-to-go/next-best-dates/weather-and-when-to-go/high-temperatures-year-round/

52 brisa { 04.21.14 at 10:09 am }

Hi Dave, im going on thanksgiving week on 2014. Im a little worried,but is thanksgiving week as crowed as summer?I had been there on summer not on thanksgiving week and just don’t know what to expect. Thank you so much hope to hear from you soon

53 Dave { 04.21.14 at 1:51 pm }

Brisa, Thanksgiving is comparable to the summer, but not as bad…