2014 Weeks to Visit Walt Disney World Ranked in Order, Continued
By Dave Shute
2014 WEEKS TO VISIT WALT DISNEY WORLD, CONTINUED
This is the second page of these rankings. For the first page of 2014 weeks to visit Walt Disney World, ranked in order, click here.
2014 WORSE WEEKS
The remaining 2014 weeks are not recommended—but still presented in order:
They are in order of least to most crowded, and within crowd groups are sorted by price.
- 14: 11/1/14. “Jersey Week”—teacher meetings in New Jersey, leading to a massive temporary immigration of New Jersey families to Orlando. Crowds moderate-minus, prices low, almost never discounted
- 15: 10/11/14. Columbus Day week with higher crowds and prices than the great weeks (ranked 7 and 8) that follow it
- 16: 5/17/14. Similar to week 10 but with higher crowds and more summer-like weather. Crowds moderate-minus. Prices moderate
- 17: 3/29/14. Moderate-minus crowds and high prices
- 18: 8/9/14. Moderate-plus crowds and low prices as the summer season begins to fade away
- 19: 5/31/14. Beginning of summer–similar crowds to week 18, but higher prices
Weeks 20-27 have one thing in common: they occur during but the peak of the hurricane season.
They are ranked in order of first crowd levels, and within the same crowd level prices.
Week 20 has among the lowest crowds and lowest prices of the year.
- 20: 9/6/14
Weeks 21 and 22 have slightly higher crowds than week 20. Week 21 has slightly lower prices.
- 21: 8/30/14
- 22: 9/20/14
Weeks 23-26 have slightly higher crowds than 23 and 23. There are slight price differences among these which drive the order within them.
- 23: 8/23/14
- 24: 9/13/14
- 25: 10/4/14
- 26: 9/27/14
Week 27 has higher (moderate) crowds than the rest in this hurricane group, because of lingering effects of summer breaks. Prices are low.
- 27: 8/16/14
2014 WEEKS TO AVOID AT WALT DISNEY WORLD
The first group, ranked 28-46, should be avoided because of crowds ranging from high to unbelievable. (Click the table for the exact ranking of these weeks, and for more specifics on crowds and prices.)
This group includes all of later June, July and early August (massive crowds, higher prices). Prices go down in Deluxes starting in mid-July, and in the other resorts in early August.
It also includes the busy March Spring Break weeks beginning 3/8/2014, and the holiday weeks—President’s Day week, the weeks before and after Easter, Thanksgiving week, and the weeks around Christmas.
Click the table for exact rankings within these lousy weeks.
Many of these weeks have the lowest crowds and lowest prices of the year.
(But not all--click the table above.)
However, this is the peak time for ride closures at Walt Disney World, especially the January weeks.
If this may be your only family visit, why go when you know some of the best of Disney World will be closed?
If you must go during this period, avoid the first week of January (massive crowds), and the Martin Luther King (1/20/14 arrival date) Day holidays.
The Marathon Weekend (affecting arrival dates of 1/4 and 1/11/2014) complicates and crowds the parks as well.
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this