By the co-author of The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit 2017, from the best-reviewed Disney World guidebook series ever. Paperback available on Amazon here. Kindle version available on Amazon here. PDF version available on Gumroad here.

2013 Weeks to Visit Walt Disney World, Ranked in Order, Continued

2013 WEEKS TO VISIT WALT DISNEY WORLD, CONTINUED

This is the second page of these rankings. For the first page of 2013 weeks to visit Walt Disney World, ranked in order, click here.

2013 WORSE WEEKS

The remaining 2013 weeks are not recommended—but still presented in order:

Weeks 15-20 all have moderate crowd levels, with different prices and weather. They are in order of least to most crowded, and by price within crowd groups.

• 15: 10/12/13. Columbus Day week with higher crowds and prices than the great weeks (ranked 4 and 5) that follow it
  • 16: 5/18/13. Similar to week 13 but with higher crowds and more summer like weather. Crowds moderate-minus. Prices moderate to moderate-plus
  • 17: 11/2/13. Like week 7 except more crowded because of “Jersey Week”—teacher meetings in New Jersey, leading to a massive temporary immigration of New Jersey families to Orlando. Crowds moderate, prices low, almost never discounted
  • 18: 6/1/13. Moderate-plus crowds as the summer season begins to kick in
  • 19: 6/8/13.  Similar to week 18, but slightly higher crowds
  • 20: 3/2/2013. Next best Spring Break week after week 10. Moderate-plus crowds, higher prices

Weeks 21-28 have one thing in common: they occur during but the peak of the hurricane season. They include in weeks 21-23 some of the lowest crowd levels of the year, and weeks 24-27 are also low-crowd weeks.

They are ranked in order of first crowd levels, and within the same crowd level prices.

You could easily view the first three as tied—lowest crowds and low prices. I rank week 21 highest as it has slightly lower prices.

• 21: 9/7/13
  • 22: 9/21/13
  • 23: 9/14/13

Weeks 24-26 have slightly higher crowds than 21-23. The first week has slightly lower prices than the next two.

• 24: 8/31/13
  • 25: 10/5/13
  • 26: 9/28/13.

Week 27 has slightly higher crowds than the rest in this hurricane group, and week 28 worse, but still moderate crowds, both because of lingering effects of summer breaks. Prices are lower.

• 27: 8/24/13
  • 28: 8/17/13

WEEKS TO AVOID

There’s two groups of weeks to avoid:  high crowd weeks, and weeks when rides are often closed.

The first group, ranked 29-45, should be avoided because of crowds ranging from high to unbelievable. (Click the table below for the exact ranking of these weeks, and for more specifics on crowds and prices.)

This group includes all of later June, July and early-mid August (massive crowds, higher prices). Prices go down in Deluxes starting in mid-July, and in the other resorts in early August.

It also includes the busy March Spring Break weeks beginning 3/9/2013, and the holiday weeks—President’s Day week, the weeks before and after Easter, Thanksgiving week, and the weeks around Christmas.

Click the table below for exact rankings within these lousy weeks.

The next group includes the January and early February weeks when rides are often closed for repair or refurbishment—weeks 46-53.

Many of these weeks have the lowest crowds and lowest prices of the year.

(But not all–click the table.)

However, this is the peak time for ride closures at Walt Disney World, especially the January weeks.

If this may be your only family visit, why go when you know some of the best of Disney World will be closed?

If you must go during this period, avoid the Martin Luther King (1/19/13 arrival date) Day holidays.

The Marathon Weekend (affecting arrival dates of 1/5 and 1/12/2013) complicates and crowds the parks as well.

PAGES: 1 | 2 | Previous

MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD

1 Anonymous { 01.12.12 at 3:46 am }

My family and I are thinking of going to Disney World Nov 12 – NOV 21 2013. How will this time be?

2 Dave { 01.12.12 at 9:59 am }

That’s a great time to go! It covers parts of the weeks I rank 6th and 7th best of the year…

3 UK couple { 03.16.12 at 8:30 am }

My boyfriend and I are saving up to go in May 2014, for two and a half weeks (we come from the UK so most people tend to go for one huge holiday every few years).

We’re ready to save up, we’ll deal with the heat, and we don’t mind the moderate crowds. However, my main concern is the park opening times and shows – will the parks be open reasonably late (say, 8pm onwards), and will all of the shows and firework displays be running if we go during May? We won’t be there during Memorial Day weekend.

Thank you!

4 Dave { 03.16.12 at 8:41 am }

Hi!

If Disney makes no major changes in its operating approaches, and if there’s no recession, I forsee no issues with May 2014. You can look at hours and such for May 2012 and see that MK is typically open til 10 or later, AK 6 or later, and HS 9 or later. Epcot almsot always closes at 9 except during the Xmas period. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/03/30/walt-disney-world-hours-of-operation/

Note that Easter 2014 is late (April 20) so arrive no earlier than 4/27!

5 Dave { 04.19.12 at 12:07 pm }

Thanks to Debbie for reminding me to put the right date for the 2013 Marathon in!

6 Lisa { 05.01.12 at 11:46 am }

I am looking to go February 9-16 of 2013. I didn’t see anything about this week.

7 Dave { 05.01.12 at 2:06 pm }

Hi Lisa, in the text it’s in the “Weeks to Avoid” section at the bottom, and on the image you’ll see it ranked 51st. The problems with the week are 1. ride closures and 2. the beginnings of Presidents Day crowds and prices

8 Suzanne { 05.23.12 at 1:53 pm }

We are planning to meet up with our kids on January 29,2013 through February 4th. We will have a 4 year old with us. Do you forsee ride closures in the Magic Kingdom at this time?

9 Dave { 05.23.12 at 2:19 pm }
10 Sue { 06.11.12 at 6:53 pm }

Hi. My husband and i are planning to take our son to Disney world for 2 weeks. first day in Disney will be the 3rd November 2013. Is this a good time to go?

11 Dave { 06.11.12 at 7:11 pm }

Hi Sue, see this. http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/09/19/2013-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/ Your first week is a little busy–not bad, but a little busy. The second week is stellar!

12 Austin { 06.26.12 at 6:03 pm }

I was wondering why new years week is rated almost the last week. What’s so bad about it besides some ride closures? Is seems like it would be better than thanksgiving and Christmas week. Is there some event going on?

13 Dave { 06.27.12 at 6:35 am }

Austin, because the week rankings are for first time visitors who may never return, all of the “ride closure” weeks are at the bottom of the list–why go when it’s predictable you may miss some of the best? For non-first timers, or people who know they can return, the rankings would be different. They should use the week picker–see http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/08/09/the-2012-walt-disney-world-week-picker/

The “ride closure” weeks themselves are then ranked by price and crowds. That week will be one of the 3 or 4 busiest of the year, and is also more highly priced than the other “ride closure” weeks. Hence its lousy ranking…

14 Elizabeth { 07.24.12 at 3:59 pm }

Has Mickey’s Toontown been reopened?

15 Dave { 07.24.12 at 6:10 pm }

Hi Elizabeth. Toontown is gone forever. It’s being replaced with StoryBook Circus, parts of which are already open, and the Fantasyland Expansion…

16 suz { 08.01.12 at 8:27 pm }

First I am quite irked with myself for not remembering the I used to ask a question the first time. =) I linked this one in email so I dont forget. ANYWAYS, we have a place to stay and are arriving april 19-26. Are there any deals for the parks or cheapest way to do this? There will be about 7 people.

17 Dave { 08.02.12 at 7:04 am }

Hey Suz, your earlier comment is here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/09/04/walt-disney-world-2013-price-seasons/#comment-52891

Since you are off-site, the only relevant deals for you would be on tix–which you almost never see. But do check this out: http://www.mousesavers.com/wdw.html

18 suz { 08.03.12 at 10:28 pm }

Thanks dave you rock and your site has helped me A LOT especially since this is my first at this!!

19 Dave { 08.04.12 at 5:12 pm }

Thanks Suz and glad to help!!!

20 Dona Lynch { 08.12.12 at 3:00 pm }

Hi My husband and I are planning a trip to Disney World from March 12-18, 2013. We’ll be taking along our grandson and his friend (both 10 years old) any thoughts on the soundness of this decision regarding line waiting times, ride closings and weather? We’d appreciate your input. THANKS!

21 Dave { 08.12.12 at 5:42 pm }

Hi Dona, I expect that to be one of the most crowded weeks of the year, and would strongly urge you to avoid it! It is also quite expensive…see this for more on crowding that week: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/07/25/disney-world-crowds-2013-spring-break-2013/

For lots of better weeks, see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/09/19/2013-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

22 TIna { 08.15.12 at 12:03 am }

Hi Dave!
Im trying to plan a vacation to the parks in late January. The two weeks I am toying with are the weeks of January 13th ( planning on visiting the parks the 17/18/19th) and the week of January 26th ( planning on visiting the parks that weekend the 30/Feb 1st/2nd.
I looked up the park hours and they seem to be the same both weeks? I also believe these weeks miss the 2013 marathoners and the Martin Luther king rush? Please help, which one is better!?
30/1/2

23 Dave { 08.15.12 at 11:29 am }

Hi Tina!

Either should be great, but the end of Jan/beginning of Feb will be better…

24 Terri { 08.16.12 at 10:05 am }

Hello- Thank you for your site! Although we have been to WDW before, we are finding this site invaluable. As far as when to visit, I am sure Memorial Day wknd is busy…does this carry on through that week as well? (Tues-Sun) Would we be better off waiting until the next full week to visit? Also, do you have a list of hotels that can accomodate a family of 5 without having to upgrade to a suite or 2 rooms? Thank you!!

25 Dave { 08.16.12 at 1:28 pm }

Hi Terri!

The week after Memorial Day traditionally has been OK. However, this year it was quite busy, and schools are out a little earlier in 2013 than they were in 2012 (see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/07/31/disney-world-crowds-2013-summer-2013-crowds/ ) so I’m calling that week as quite busy, and think the week after, though still crowded, will be better.

For families of 5, most (but not all) of the deluxes will accommodate you in one room. If you are looking for lower-priced options, see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/12/15/lower-priced-options-for-large-families-at-walt-disney-world/

26 Tim { 08.24.12 at 4:49 am }

We are returning to WDW from Australia hopefully Mid July 2013. Although the crowds are ranked high, we were there last Easter 2010, and coped just fine with the crowds. Would levels be on a par , or even quieter?

27 Dave { 08.24.12 at 8:54 am }

Tim, crowds will be lower in July than the week before Easter, and comparable to the week after!

28 Becks { 08.30.12 at 12:44 pm }

This site is awesome! I’ve been to WDW before but never actaully planned the trip myself and I’m going with two friends who haven’t been to any disney parks before. First week of May 2013 is when we’re going!

29 Dave { 08.31.12 at 6:59 am }

Thanks Becks, and that’s a great week!

30 Annie { 09.08.12 at 6:24 pm }

What a great site Dave! Thanks much for all your information. I’ve been to WDW 5 times now and am hoping to take my sis, bro in law, and their 3 kiddos in 2014. I was totally thinking late Jan/early Feb but then saw your comment about ride closures. I know I’ll be back, but not sure about the kiddos and obviously want they to experience everything. We definitely want cooler temps (it’s ok if we can’t swim) and low crowds. We’re not able to go the low crowd weeks in Nov or Dec b/c of work of work. =( With Easter being late in 2014 (Apr 20) do you expect both March and Apr to be super busy? Thanks for your advice!

31 Dave { 09.09.12 at 9:05 am }

Hi Annie–just for the reason you note, there will be some good April 2014 weeks–those beginning April 5 and March 29 in particular!

Also how about late October?

32 Annie { 09.09.12 at 12:51 pm }

Thanks much! Great to know there will be some good weeks in the spring. I’m checking on late Oct. Not sure if work will allow that to happen. Even though I’m anxious to go now, waiting a few more months might not be a bad thing as it will give some extra time for my niece to get to 40inches. And MNSSHH is always a great time too.

33 lorraine { 09.13.12 at 9:20 am }

Hi Dave, we are hoping to return to wdw next year having last visited in March 2008. We never expected the crowds to be so severe. We could hardly move in magic kingdom. We are therefore keen to avoid those crowd levels next time. We will be travelling from the uk and are restricted to school holidays and were thinking of the last two weeks in august 2013. Will the crowds be anything like easter time or should they be lighter? Thanks.

34 Dave { 09.13.12 at 6:39 pm }

Hi Lorraine! Both weeks will be much better than March. The last week of August is particularly uncrowded, but the week before that is much better than March too. See this http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/09/12/disney-world-crowds-in-2013/ but also this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/when-to-go/next-best-dates/weather-and-when-to-go/chance-of-cyclonic-storm-affecting-florida/

35 Polly { 09.16.12 at 2:33 pm }

I have just discovered your site and it’s so useful! Thank you! My boyfriend and I want to go to WDW in 2013. We hope to go 8th July – 15th July. I know it’ll be crowded but we are waiting for me to finish university and we want to go asap! He is an experienced visitor as he lived there doing the college programme for 7 months whereas I have never been. Will it be hell this time of year?! Thanks!

36 Dave { 09.16.12 at 5:14 pm }

Polly–he can tell you better than I. That’s among the most crowded and hot and humid times of the year…

37 Glenn { 12.08.12 at 9:35 pm }

Hi Dave, I’m bringing my Fiance, Daughter and Mother to Disney World from march 10th to 16th, Can you tell me how the crowds and weather will be? Cheers, Glenn

38 Dave { 12.09.12 at 7:22 am }

Hhi Glenn! That’s a very high crowd week–a lot of kids, especially from Texas, have the week off. March weather can be wonderful or cool. See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/08/21/march-2013-walt-disney-world/

39 Jeannie { 01.05.13 at 10:04 am }

Hi Dave!
I am planning to take my family to WDW for the first time ever from Feb 17th to the 23rd, 2013. Could you tell me how the crowds and weather will be during that time? Thanks!

40 Dave { 01.05.13 at 1:35 pm }

Hi Jeannie, that’s a very crowded time, as many families have (or take) the whole week of President’s Day off. Weather is pretty variable then–it can be nice or cool. See http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/07/30/february-2013-walt-disney-world/

41 Sean { 01.15.13 at 8:51 pm }

Hi, very nice website. Had a question though about the first week of March. There seems to be some differences of opinions regarding the crowd levels that week. We’ve normally tried to go in January to avoid crowds but had to move back this year. My expectation is that the crowds will increase as the week goes on but won’t be too bad early in the week. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks!

42 Dave { 01.16.13 at 8:42 am }

Hi Sean, that’s probably the hardest week of the year to forecast. All my data tells me it will be fine at least until the weekend but in a couple of recent years it’s been worse than I thought it would be, whihc is why I have its crowd ranking at 7. I’m going then myself!

43 Mar { 02.02.13 at 11:25 am }

Hi there, can you give me your opinion on June 5-10, 2013? Thanks!!!

44 Dave { 02.02.13 at 5:44 pm }
45 liza { 02.20.13 at 11:16 am }

Hi, we want to bring our girls back to wdw Nov. 30-dec. 7th. I know this week ranks number one on your list but am wondering how the taping of the parade will affect the crowds and is pop Warner and the cheerleader competition going to be going on while were there? Thanks!

46 Dave { 02.21.13 at 7:48 am }

Hi Liza, the parade taping is mostly a non-event for crowds–it just clots up Main Street and makes it a little harder to get around the park. The Pop Warner stuff is the week after–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/05/30/pop-warner-week-at-walt-disney-world/

47 melissa { 02.28.13 at 3:27 pm }

Hi, I am planning a trip for my 4 kids. We are looking at March 29-april 6 or June 8 week. Of the 2 weeks which one would work best crowd wise.

48 Dave { 02.28.13 at 3:30 pm }

Melissa, the week after Easter is one of the three or four most crowded weeks of the year. So your June dates, while not great, will be much better. For more on June, see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/11/18/june-2013-walt-disney-world/

49 CindyB { 03.10.13 at 3:24 pm }

Hi Dave, What are your thoughts on a 6 night stay between the dates of May 14-23 2013? I hear Mother’s Day is very busy, as is Memorial Day so, I’d like to plan a visit between the two. Do you find that the crowds during this period are too crazy? Do you have an estimate of wait time for rides? I’ve read that there is a potential for daily rain showers beginning in June. What is it like the middle of May? Thanks!!

50 Dave { 03.11.13 at 7:20 am }

Hi Cindy! Weekends are always busy, and Sunday is always busy at the Magic Kingdom when it has evening extra magic hours–whihc it usually does. I don’t think Mothers Day itself has much impact. But picking a period that is as early in May as you cna go, yet centered on weekdays, not weekends, is the strategy to pursue.

Crowds build over May but it’s overall not bad except for Memorial Day week–see this for more on May crowds, rain, etc: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2012/10/16/may-2013-walt-disney-world/

I don’t do wait time estimates by day…

51 Ali { 03.16.13 at 9:09 pm }

My husband and I are planning a trip to Disney for Thanksgiving week. After checking your awesome crowd level chart, I’m becoming more and more hesitant. We will have a 6 yr. old and 2 yr. old in tow. Wondering if it might be wise to choose another week. Ugh…

52 Dave { 03.17.13 at 7:38 am }

Yes Ali, that will in fact be a rotten week…given the age sf your kids, pull your 6 year old out of school and go the week right after!

53 kevin howells { 03.18.13 at 7:12 pm }

Thinking of visiting from august 20th to 30th. Wondered how much to worry about hurricanes.
We have visited in Jan , Jul, Halloween, before. Also were considering animal kingdom for hotel – always stayed in all star resorts before. We have two kids – 16 and 13 – so really need 3 beds
Any thoughts , comments would be greatly appreciated

54 Dave { 03.19.13 at 4:47 pm }

Hey Kevin! Are you thinking about a villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge? As regular rooms there have only two beds too…though they are queens! See this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2010/10/13/review-jambo-house-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge/

Here’s the scoop on hurricanes. Yes you are in the peak of the hurricane seaosn then. But hurricanes hardly ever disrupt substantially a Disney World vacation–not much at all for a decade, and only half a dozen times in the 41+ years its been oprn. SO it’s a risk, but not a big one… See this for more: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/when-to-go/next-best-dates/weather-and-when-to-go/chance-of-cyclonic-storm-affecting-florida/

Hope this helps! And if so…

…Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook!

55 Nicole { 03.21.13 at 8:39 pm }

Hi! My family of 6 ( kids ages 8, 6, 3, 1) will be going to WDW Sept 14-21. I am trying to figure out the best day to go to MK for breakfast w Cinderella. I have already made reservations for the 15th. I am mostly looking to avoid crowds. Do you think there is a better day? We are also planning on going to the Halloween party while there. Any guidance would be appreciated.

56 Dave { 03.22.13 at 1:11 pm }

Hi Nicole! The lowest-crowd MK days during your dates will be the 17th, 18th, and 20th. The 15th will be crowded…

57 Julie { 04.06.13 at 4:54 pm }

We are planning first trip to WDW for arrival on 10/6/13 with son 6, and daughter, 4. I see that week is ranked much lower than the following week which is Columbus Day week. Why is that? We plan to stay at Beach Club and celebrate daughter’s 5th bday on 10/10. I’m hoping its not going to be too crowded. Also, do you think there will be fall specials for that week? I’m not holding my breath for free dining but other discounts would be nice!!

58 Dave { 04.06.13 at 5:57 pm }

Hi Julie, it’s ranked worse because it’s still in the peak of the hurricane seaosn–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/when-to-go/next-best-dates/weather-and-when-to-go/chance-of-cyclonic-storm-affecting-florida/

I think there’s a good chance of some room rate deals around then, but I’d not expect to see much of them at the Beach Club. Your date is during the Food and Wine Festival at EPcot (see http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/02/13/the-2013-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/ ) and the Epcot resorts are very popular then…

59 Mike M { 04.23.13 at 11:46 am }

Looking to go to WDW in August 2013. What is the best week for crowds and weather thx

60 Dave { 04.23.13 at 4:54 pm }

Mike, the best week for crowds is at the end of the month. Weather is more complicated–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/01/15/august-2013-walt-disney-world/

61 Linda { 04.23.13 at 6:36 pm }

My son & daughter in law are planning to take my 5 yr. old granddaughter to disneyworld around September 7 2013 for 3 days. I note you show it as hurricane season. Historically have there been many hurricanes to hit Disneyworld around that time?

62 Dave { 04.24.13 at 7:33 am }

Linda, in terms of a real substantial impact on park visits–like park closures–hurricanes have been an issue about half a dozen times in the last 41 years. If you add bad weather and air transport problems, the impact is higher than that. See also this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-your-first-family-trip/when-to-go/next-best-dates/weather-and-when-to-go/chance-of-cyclonic-storm-affecting-florida/

63 Mark { 06.05.13 at 12:12 am }

We are planning to visit Disney by end of June 2013. I know its crowded during this time and high prices. Any advise how I plan the trip with 2 kids (6 years and 2 years) and make the most out of the vacation. I also need advise where to stay, if disney resort of any hotel like marriott outside disney location.

64 Dave { 06.05.13 at 7:21 am }
65 Jessica { 06.11.13 at 10:18 am }

We are trying to decide between the week before Thanksgiving (Nov. 16 -Nov. 21), or the week after Thanksgiving (Dec. 1- Dec. 6). Our biggest concern is crowds (more so than the Christmas events). With the first week in December being so close to Thanksgiving, we weren’t sure which week would be least crowded since the early weeks in December have become more popular. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

66 Dave { 06.12.13 at 7:34 am }

Hi Jessica! I’m seeing the week after Thanksgiving as slightly less crowded than the week before–see this: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2011/09/12/disney-world-crowds-in-2013/

67 Caroline McIlwain { 06.14.13 at 5:52 am }

Hi! This site is great. I have been to Disney before, but I was 11 years old. Now at 25 years old I am looking forward to it just as much! Im going with my partner on 21st September for 10 nights. Is this a good time to go? Thank you!

68 Dave { 06.14.13 at 10:00 am }

Hi Caroline, and thanks!

There’s a lot of positives to going then, but also a few negatives. The full scoop is here: http://yourfirstvisit.net/2013/02/25/september-2013-at-walt-disney-world/

69 Lynda { 07.02.13 at 2:51 pm }

Hi Dave. Our family visited WDW in May of 2011 for the first time. It was a wonderful experience although extremely HOT. We decided to return (according to your week-picker) Dec 6-14 this year to experience the lower crowds, Christmas decorations and cooler weather. We had already booked and realized that it is Pop Warner week. I am not too concerned with that as we are staying at the AOA. My concern is now I am reading that the ABC Parade taping will be Dec 7 and that is a day we had planned on going to MK and I have already made dinner reservations. We are not interested in seeing the taping of the parade. Should I change our plans to avoid MK on that day? Thank you!

70 Dave { 07.03.13 at 7:51 am }

Hi Lynda, the 7th will be a busy day at MK, but not because of the parade taping. The parade taping clots up Main Street, but not the other areas of the park.

Saturday will be busy at MK because 1. Saturdays always are, and 2. the 7th is the only day MK is open later than 7p and the evening parade and fireworks are available to the general public between the 5th and the 8th…