2013 Weeks to Visit Walt Disney World, Ranked in Order, Continued
By Dave Shute
2013 WEEKS TO VISIT WALT DISNEY WORLD, CONTINUED
2013 WORSE WEEKS
The remaining 2013 weeks are not recommended—but still presented in order:
- 15: 10/12/13. Columbus Day week with higher crowds and prices than the great weeks (ranked 4 and 5) that follow it
- 16: 5/18/13. Similar to week 13 but with higher crowds and more summer like weather. Crowds moderate-minus. Prices moderate to moderate-plus
- 17: 11/2/13. Like week 7 except more crowded because of “Jersey Week”—teacher meetings in New Jersey, leading to a massive temporary immigration of New Jersey families to Orlando. Crowds moderate, prices low, almost never discounted
- 18: 6/1/13. Moderate-plus crowds as the summer season begins to kick in
- 19: 6/8/13. Similar to week 18, but slightly higher crowds
- 20: 3/2/2013. Next best Spring Break week after week 10. Moderate-plus crowds, higher prices
Weeks 21-28 have one thing in common: they occur during but the peak of the hurricane season. They include in weeks 21-23 some of the lowest crowd levels of the year, and weeks 24-27 are also low-crowd weeks.
They are ranked in order of first crowd levels, and within the same crowd level prices.
You could easily view the first three as tied—lowest crowds and low prices. I rank week 21 highest as it has slightly lower prices.
- 21: 9/7/13
- 22: 9/21/13
- 23: 9/14/13
Weeks 24-26 have slightly higher crowds than 21-23. The first week has slightly lower prices than the next two.
- 24: 8/31/13
- 25: 10/5/13
- 26: 9/28/13.
Week 27 has slightly higher crowds than the rest in this hurricane group, and week 28 worse, but still moderate crowds, both because of lingering effects of summer breaks. Prices are lower.
- 27: 8/24/13
- 28: 8/17/13
WEEKS TO AVOID
The first group, ranked 29-45, should be avoided because of crowds ranging from high to unbelievable. (Click the table below for the exact ranking of these weeks, and for more specifics on crowds and prices.)
This group includes all of later June, July and early-mid August (massive crowds, higher prices). Prices go down in Deluxes starting in mid-July, and in the other resorts in early August.
It also includes the busy March Spring Break weeks beginning 3/9/2013, and the holiday weeks—President’s Day week, the weeks before and after Easter, Thanksgiving week, and the weeks around Christmas.
Click the table below for exact rankings within these lousy weeks.
(But not all–click the table.)
However, this is the peak time for ride closures at Walt Disney World, especially the January weeks.
If you must go during this period, avoid the Martin Luther King (1/19/13 arrival date) Day holidays.
The Marathon Weekend (affecting arrival dates of 1/5 and 1/12/2013) complicates and crowds the parks as well.
MORE ON WHEN TO GO TO WALT DISNEY WORLD
- For when to go to Walt Disney World, see this
- For the next best dates, see this
- For the best and worst times to visit, see this
- For forecasting crowds at Walt Disney World, see this
- For seasonal pricing at Walt Disney World, see this
- For weather at Walt Disney World, see this
Follow yourfirstvisit.net on Facebook!