How Much to Budget for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
By Dave Shute
OVERVIEW: HOW MUCH TO BUDGET FOR THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER
If you can afford it, budget either another $250-$375 for a night at the Royal Pacific (the best way to do Harry Potter; for why, see Where to Stay During Your Visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter).
MORE DETAILS ON BUDGETING FOR THE WIZARDING WORLD
(These instructions are for fitting a visit to Universal Orlando’s The Wizarding World of Harry Potter into a first family trip to Walt Disney World. Click here for the Summary of Instructions for visiting Harry Potter.)
See this page for the best way to handle Harry Potter, including your various Universal Orlando ticketing options and their implications for how long you may have to stay in line.
- Just to be clear, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located in Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure theme park.
- Universal Orlando, and Harry Potter, is not part of Walt Disney World. Your Disney tickets won’t get you in, and Disney buses do not run there…
If you simply wish to spend a morning seeing Harry Potter, tickets per person to enter Universal’s Islands of Adventure—the theme park where the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located—cost at list price on the Universal Orlando website about $70 per person between 3 and 10, and $80 per person ten and older. Kids younger than 3 enter the park for free.
Families wishing to book a night at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort should budget $250-$375 more, depending on the season and whatever discounts—e.g. AAA—they can find.
Besides your local AAA chapter, also check MouseSavers.com for any discounts you might be able to take advantage of, and also Universal Orlando’s “hot deals” page. Then check the hotel website for exact prices for your stay, using the codes for whatever deals you have found.
Families wishing to spend more than one day at Universal Orlando should expect to spend a little more per person on extended tickets-e.g. $45-$20 per person per day more (higher for shorter visit, lower for longer ones) (this is where the “stay in the hotel” strategy really pays off).
Universal ticket and hotel room seasonal list prices have been widely discounted in the past, so look carefully for options before paying list prices.
That said, this discounting may come to a crashing end now that Harry Potter has opened!
LINKS FOR THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER
- Review: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- When to Go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- How Long to Stay at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- How Old/Tall Your Kids Should be for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Where to Stay During Your Visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- How Much to Budget for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- When Your Plans for Visiting the Wizarding World Should Be Firm
- How to Spend Your Time at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- What to Do When to Get Ready for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter